Account Assistant Resume
Account assistants usually work under certified junior or senior accountants. Their main duties refer to maintaining, recording or updating different financial documents: billings, reimbursements, profit or loss records. Account assistants are also known as accounting clerks. The tasks of an account assistant is to maintain financial records, to organize documents to proper accounts, to encode information and data in accounting systems or computer programs, to print and verify details of checks and bills regularly, reconcile bank statements and records of the accounting department.
The account assistants also perform clerical duties like sorting mail or typing. The duties and responsibilities of an account assistant are different and depend on the size of the company. The average salary of accounting assistants is of approximately $46,000. Company size, location, experience, benefits and industry are some of the factors that can affect the salaries of accounting assistants.
The Account Assistant Resume has to start with an objective statement. The objective can be a short sentence or two, which explains what are your career goals or can express your desire for applying for a job as an Account Assistant. The best thing you can do is to target your objective around a future within the company to which you are applying.
The next section of your Resume has to present the work experience. The work experience has to be in chronological order, so start with the most recent. Make sure you mention what were your duties in your previous positions so that the employer can see what experience you have that can match with an Account Assistant position. In the next section of the resume, present your qualifications. Present details about qualifications, particular courses if the content is relevant for the Account Assistant you are applying.
Account Assistant Resume Sample
Name: Rachel Ross
Address: 79 Central Park West, New York
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 05.11.1975
An account assistant has to record every daily monetary transaction that takes place in the organization. Account assistants have to prepare and maintain support documents like invoices, vouchers and receipts for different customers.
I look for a position as an account assistant in a reputed company where I can use my skills and experience in financial analysis.
Independent team worker with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, interested in updating and recording the financial documents of the company.
Skills and qualifications
- Proficiency in accounting software systems and QuickBooks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in performing arithmetical calculations for handling different accounts
- Knowledge of accounting principles and book-keeping practices
Account Assistant, CACI International Inc., 2008-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Offer accounting support for the Director of Finance
- Respond to direct requests for information and forward messages to appropriate Accounting staff
- Assist the Director of Finance with the preparation of the annual budget
- Account Assistant, Interesse International Inc., 2004-2008
- Duties and responsibilities
- Add entries of the financial transactions of the company
- Assist in implementing internal budget control measures
- Present monthly reports regarding the expenses and the profit balance of the company
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, University of San Francisco
Received the second prize on "International Accounting Practices" in the year 2005
Areas of interest
References available upon request