The Controller is the person who handles the accounting operations of a company like coordination, planning and reporting the financial activities. The Controller is also responsible for bookkeeping, accounting, explaining and setting financial policies, preparing financial reports, handling the assets and the investments of the company and planning the company's budget. The work elements of a Controller are: managing the company's financial planning functions; monitoring and controlling the monthly budget of the company and analyzing results; verifying the activities of the finance department; preparing the annual budget report; ensuring the company's compliance with state laws; setting financial goals, objectives and procedures.
You can start your Controller Resume with an objective that has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as a Controller: strategic planning skills, knowledge of budgeting, excellent problem solving skills, skills in reducing overheads and increasing profitability of a company, etc.
In the following section, you have to add your professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position, how you helped the company's progress, how the company saved money thanks to you, or how you increased the company's profitability.
Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel that is relevant to your application as a Controller, especially focus on your business or financial degrees. Mention what aspects of your training helped you to become a successful Controller or the courses that enabled you to understand what methods to use in order to save money for your clients.
Controller Resume Sample
Name: David Adams
Address: 48 Grand Street
Birth date: 13.05.1979
The Controller is the person who handles the accounting operations of a company like coordination, planning and reporting the financial activities.
I look for a rewarding and challenging position as a Controller in a reputed company where I can use my skills and my vast experience in the Business industry.
Talented, motivated, with good organizational and communication skills, along with the ability to prioritize a wide range of important responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Powerful organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate a team
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of accounting principles and of payroll procedures.
Proficiency in using MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word); accounting packages (MAS90, QuickBooks, Great Plains); ADP and Paychex payroll systems.
Financial Controller, Accretive Solutions, Washington, DC, 2005-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervised the accounting functions like accounts payable and payroll
- Ensured the company's compliance with accounting policies
- Realized the company's financial analysis and modeling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervised the preparation and the presentation of the financial internal and external data
- Researched and reported business investments and acquisitions
- Prepared financial reports to predict economic and financial standing
- Prepared the cash flow projections and reviewed the investment activity of the company
- Prepared accurate monthly financial reports
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Stanford University, New York
- Certified Public Accountant since 2000
Member of MBA Association since 2005
Areas of Interest
References available upon request