Internal Auditor Resume
An internal auditor has to analyze the business activities and procedures to make sure that the company's goals are achieved. They offer various solutions to organizational problems and recommend advice to the management and the staff in a company.
The duties of an internal auditor refer to evaluating the internal controls, the financial history and information storage systems of a company; assessing the management operations and verifying if the company's financial records comply with the standard operating procedures. These skilled professionals are also responsible for reviewing the financial records of the company such as the costs, taxes and expenditures to make sure the company has a solid financial situation.
Beyond the personal information and the introduction, add in your internal auditor resume an objective statement. The objective statement can indicate where you see your career in the next few years or what are your plans and goals. Show the employer that you have a clear vision that matches the company and the internal auditor position you are applying for.
The next section of the resume has to describe your skills and qualifications. Offer detailed information on these skills, and emphasize on those, which are applicable to an internal auditor position. The next part of your internal auditor resume is the job history. Also, start with your current or most recent position. Offer details about your responsibilities and duties so that the employer can see how you handled your previous company's financial assets. Add the name of the position you held, the name of the company and its location as well as the period of employment. Internal auditors are a very important part of a company because they deal with the financial situation of a company.
Internal Auditor Resume Sample
Name: Chris Anderson
Address: 371 Gales Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 27.10.1979
From my experience, I can state that the internal auditors have to analyze the business activities and procedures to make sure that the company's goals are achieved.
Seeking a rewarding position as an internal auditor in a well-known organization where I can use my skills and experience to achieve the overall goals of the company.
Talented and well educated internal auditor with deep knowledge of the principles and procedures needed to achieve the company's goals; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the staff and the management
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge of the audit procedures and methods used in coordinating audits
- Deep knowledge of computerized auditing and accounting record keeping systems
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment and ability to work well under pressure
Internal Auditor, Under Armour, Inc., Baltimore, MD, 2006-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Organized and implemented the internal audit function by preparing an effective audit plan
- Reported to the audit committee and management regarding the programs and activities of the department
- Reviewed the accuracy and the relevance of the financial information provided to management
- Created a contact with the external auditors and verified awareness of their responsibilities and tasks
Certified Internal Auditor, ITT Corporation, White Plains, NY, 2003-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for assessing the accuracy of the financial information of the company
- Evaluated the efficiency of the internal audit operations
- Collaborated with the external auditors to design efficient internal audits
- Detected financial frauds and suggested measures
- Made sure that all auditing needs of the company are respected
Master's Degree in Accounting, New York University, NY
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, New York University, NY
Achievements and Affiliations
Dean's Lister, New York University
Member of the National Institute of Accountants
Member of the Institute of Management Accountants
Areas of interest
References available upon request