Public Accountant Resume
These skilled workers are also responsible for overseeing the budgets and the financial management of a company and for making sure the financial records of a company are correct.
The working activities of a Public Accountant include handling income tax preparation, providing financial consultations for small operations, record keeping, auditing and consulting work. Among the duties mentioned, Public Accountants have to find and research a wide variety of techniques to save some money for a corporation or a small business. These skilled workers also have to prepare and implement various financial plans that can allow a corporation to look attractive to investors.
Your Public Accountant Resume can start with your contact details: full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your Public Accountant Resume can contain the objective statement, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as a Public Accountant: great interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task or attention to details.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronologically from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position, how you helped the company progress, how you attracted new clients or how you increased the company's profitability. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended to and the location of the school.
Public Accountants are required to possess a sound knowledge of the required code of ethics and of various computer programs and applications. These skilled professionals also need to be patient and accurate in their work.
Public Accountant Resume Sample
Name: Larry Jackson
Address: 285 Warren Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 01.12.1978
From my experience I can state that Public Accountants are responsible for maintaining and auditing the financial records of individuals or organizations
Seeking a rewarding and challenging position as a Public Accountant in a growth-oriented firm where I can utilize my excellent communication skills and my outstanding problem-solving skills
Professional and hard-working Public Accountant with ten years experience in maintaining and auditing the financial records of individuals or organizations; who possesses a solid knowledge of bookkeeping or financial planning
Skills and qualifications
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills used to collaborate in an efficient manner with both employees and clients
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Time-management skills
- Deep knowledge in accounting techniques and procedures
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of computer programs and applications: Excel, Word, Power Point, QuickBooks
- Strong knowledge of financial planning, bookkeeping, budgeting, auditing
Public Accountant, Cushman & Wakefield, New York, NY, 2005-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Planned and prepared the tax returns of the company
- Supervised and managed the areas of accounting and finance
- Examined and verified various financial documents to determine frauds or errors
- Planned and developed efficient strategies used to minimize the taxes of the company
- Designed and implemented software programs for the accounting departments
Duties and responsibilities
- Planned and organized the budgeting of audit projects of the company
- Prepared and organized the tax filings and financial statements of the company
- Reported financial issues directly to the management
- Hired, trained, coordinate and supervised the working activities of staff accountants
Master's of Science in Accountancy, New York University
Bachelor's of Science in Accountancy, New York University
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, New York University
Member of the American Accounting Association since 2005
Areas of interest
References available upon request