Tax Preparer Resume
The working activities of a Tax Preparer include interviewing clients in order to obtain information on income and on deductible expenses, computing taxes and completing entries on forms by respecting strict tax form instructions. Among the tasks mentioned above, Tax Preparers have to review various tax law handbooks in order to determine the procedures needed for preparing returns and to verify or analyze the totals on forms. Other responsibilities of a Tax Preparer include analyzing various forms and documents in order to detect errors and calculating forms preparation fees according to strict rules and regulations.
Your Tax Preparer Resume can start with your contact information, section that has to consist of your full name, your address, telephone number and your e-mail address. In the following section of your Tax Preparer Resume you can present your objective statement, where you add your professional career goals and the type of position you are looking for. In the next section of your Tax Preparer Resume you can add the skills and qualifications you have and which are applicable to a Tax Preparer position such as your excellent communication skills and your strong analytical abilities.
The following section in your Tax Preparer Resume has to emphasize on your professional work experience. Your work experience has to be added in chronological order starting with the most current position you held. In this section of your Resume you can list information on the duties and tasks you had in every position and you can provide the employer with information on the companies you worked for and the period of employment. In the last section of your Tax Preparer Resume you can present your educational background. Your education has to be added starting with the last training or degree you have.
Tax Preparers are required to have knowledge of the rules and regulations in the field. They also need to be knowledgeable of the state and federal laws used to prepare tax returns.
Tax Preparer Resume Sample
Name: Cindy Coleman
Address: 947 Denver Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 16.04.1976
From my experience I can state that Tax Preparers are responsible for preparing the income taxes for individuals and businesses.
Seeking to obtain a challenging position as a Tax Preparer in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my strong analytical skills and my ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with individuals
Dynamic and hard-working Tax Preparer with seven years experience in preparing the income taxes for individuals and businesses; who has a deep knowledge of the rules and regulations in the field and of the state and federal laws used to prepare tax return
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of the rules and regulations in the field
- Knowledgeable of the state and federal laws used to prepare tax returns
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with employees
- Exceptional ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Tax Preparer, Kforce Professional Staffing, Inc., Washington, DC, 2007 - present
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing the income taxes for the company
- Reviewed and interpreted various financial records of the company like tax return forms or income statements
- Interviewed clients in order to obtain information on income and on deductible expenses
Duties and responsibilities
- Computed taxes and completed entries on forms by respecting strict tax form instructions
- Analyzed various forms and documents of the company in order to detect errors
- Calculated forms preparation fees according to strict rules and regulations
Associate's Degree in Accounting, University of Georgia
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, University of Georgia
Member of the National Association of Tax Professionals since 2007
Areas of interest
References available upon request