Event Coordinator Resume
An Event Coordinator is responsible for scheduling and coordinating various events, conferences and seminars for an organization. Events Coordinators are responsible for arranging various aspects of events like parking, conference room reservations or other types of services.
These skilled workers have to schedule facilities for the events of a company; to maintain a periodical activities calendar and to update the facility calendar as needed. Among the duties mentioned above, an Event Coordinator has to collaborate with the renter's management and to negotiate rental costs. Also, this worker has to ensure the necessary staff for events and to coordinate and supervise the staff during the events in question. The tasks of Events Coordinators also involve providing assistance and information to organizations on the facility use. Events Coordinators act as a liaison between the clients and the company via telephone or correspondence.
Start off with your name, address and contact details at the head of your Event Coordinator Resume. After that, you need to add a short introduction describing what the Event Coordinator position means to you and the qualifications' summary emphasizing on your best skills. After this, you have to add a strong and eye catching objective. This should be a brief sentence which should describe your goals in the field and it should reflect your interest in the Event Coordinator position offered by the company.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position and how you helped the company progress. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. A successful applicant is required to have at a Bachelor's and a Master's Degree in Business Administration or other related field. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. The last section has to be about your achievements. There you can add associations where you are member or other achievements.
Events Coordinators need to possess exceptional management and organizational skills and have to be able to coordinate multiple events simultaneously.
Event Coordinator Resume Sample
Name: Kate Anderson
Address: 352 Trinity Ave
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 02.02.1979
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as an Event Coordinator in a well established company where I can utilize my strong organizational skills to manage and handle various events
Professional, creative and talented Event Coordinator with vast experience in organizing events and with excellent organizational and leadership skills; who possesses a strong knowledge in supervisory principles and practices
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills used to establish and maintain strong relations with guests
- Creative and unique ideas for event planning
- Experience in handling budgets
- Perform well in a team environment
- Proficient in using various computer programs: Excel, Word, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multi-task
Event Coordinator, Centerplate, Boston, MA, 2006- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborated with the Executive Director in finding and obtaining sponsorships
- Responsible for planning and organizing conferences and events
- Contracted caterers, A/V workers and other specialists in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory of the department equipment
Event Coordinator, Atlantic Media Company, Washington, DC, 2003-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Attended events and handled problems and made sure that the events are implemented according to plans
- Maintained a direct contact with the personnel from various organizations associated with scheduling events
- Responsible for the overall preparation of conferences, for preparing conference materials, collecting fees and for preparing and handling necessary records
Master's Degree in Business Administration, University of Washington
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, University of Washington
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the Event Planner Association
References available upon request