Racing Secretary Resume
While you sit sown to draft your racing secretary resume, you must keep this point in mind that thousands of resumes pile up in front of an employer everyday and each resume is as good as the succeeding or preceding ones. In this case it becomes a very important aspect to make your resume the best among all so that you increase your chances of being called for an interview. Nowadays you can find umpteen numbers of sample resumes all over on internet. You are offered all sorts of resume templates and all sorts of pattern to make your resume attractive and worth giving a read.
A simple advice that one should follow is; keep your resume as simple as possible. If you attempt to include all the available templates then your resume will portray a crowded look which may disturb the employer. He may not easily find the details that he may be looking for. So it is always good to include only those details that are of use to the employer and that which the employer finds necessary to think about you as a suitable choice for the given post. Let us consider how a Racing secretary resume should look like.
The racing secretary is in charge of the bets related to the horse races. She/he is the person who is in charge of collecting and keeping record of the money that is placed as bet. S/he is also responsible for checking the value of the horses that run the race. The racing secretary also fixes the time schedules for the horse races. He/she also would be required to maintain a client/bookies relationship record. This is a very responsible and attention seeking job, where even a single mistake can cost you much.
The resume you will write when applying for this job needs to contain specific data about the position and should demonstrate why you are the best candidate for it. Highlight your skills, abilities and previous work experience to make the most out of your resume. This way you can get the desired position as a racing secretary.
Racing Secretary Sample Resume
Name: Sooki Smith
Address: 21, North Alley, Westin Port
Phone: (555) 555-4214
Date: December 16, 2011
My objective is to get hired as a racing secretary, under a long term contract and within a stable company. I am seeking a full time position.
- Very good communication abilities, both oral and written
- Very strong planning and management skills
- Strong notions of horses and racing
- Good memory skills
- Computer knowledge
- Good time management skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Has a keen eye for detail
- Good administrative skills and record keeping
Assistant manager, Long Road Inc.
Kentwood, Louisiana, 2008–2011
Duties and responsibilities:
- Received the clients and visitors in the firm
- Managing the director's agenda and daily meetings
- Business travel and business reservations/ reservation cancelling
- Answered phones and emails, kept in touch with providers
- Recruiting duties for available positions within the firm
- Solved customer's complaints/ issues
- Ensured the good running of the department
- Replaced the manager when she was away on business travel
- Compiled reports, signed deals, and other administrative tasks
Racing secretary, Creeks Races
Kentwood, Louisiana, 2005–2008
Duties and responsibilities:
- Planning the races in detail, ensuring they go according to schedule
- Studied the reports of the past races in order to decide each horse's value
- Announced the race and placed information online and in the newspapers
- Took the money for the placed bets from the individuals who were interested in the race.
- High school diploma, Kentwood West High, Kentwood, Louisiana, 2002
- Bachelor's degree in Administration, UCLA, LA, Ca, 2005
Will be furnished upon request.
Other personal details
- Date of birth: 14.04.1980
- Driver's license: yes
- Marital status: Married
- Children: None
- Nationality: American