Although, it may not seem like a very exciting position, being a receptionist can turn out to be a very challenging and demanding job. Working as a receptionist will also give those occupying this position the chance to get in touch with all the departments, to perform many activities, develop their current skills and acquire new ones. Receptionists are in charge of performing several clerical and administrative duties.
Your Receptionist resume must, first of all, contain your personal contact details: full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your resume will contain the objective statement, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills. When working as a receptionist, interpersonal competences and communication skills are very important. Also, the ability to adapt to continuous changes is another important aspect.
In the following section, you have to add your previous working experience. This section has to run chronologically from your last to your current position. Write about your former duties and tasks for each position, how you helped the company progress, how you attracted new clients or how you increased the company's profitability, etc. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. When listing your education, remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school.
Receptionist Resume Sample
Name: Daniel Johnson
Address: 198 Worth Street
From my point of view, receptionists represent the face and voice of the company they work in. We are the first to come in contact with visitors, clients, suppliers, and business partners. That is why it is very important to have a professional appearance and extended knowledge about the company's activity and services or products.
Looking for a position as a Receptionist in a multinational company where I can use my knowledge and my professional competences in order to contribute to the company's success and development.
Enthusiastic and very communicative person, with professional behavior and excellent telephone manner, I am eager to learn more and develop new personal and professional competences, while providing outstanding customer services within your company.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal competences
- Phone manner and presentation skills
- Able to multi task
- Computer literate
- Efficient in time management
- Able to work well under pressure
- Adaptability and sociability
- Self-motivated and initiative
- Quick leaner
Office Assistant, PWC, 2008 till present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performed general secretarial tasks, such as answering telephone, making appointments, booking flights, sending e-mails, letters, memos, making copies, printing, preparing reports and manuals;
- Maintained file records and databases
- Greeted and attended visitors and customers
Duties and responsibilities
- Answered telephone calls and redirected them to the suitable staff
- Received and sent e-mails, letters, fax
- Greeted visitors
- Ordered and maintained office supplies
- Handled patient registration
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
- Theoretical High School
- Customer Services Training Course at NYU
- Excellent multi tasking abilities
- Winner of the Employee of the month award
- Obtained great results in solving customer complaints
- Customer Service
- Communication and Public Relations
- Victory James, Human Resource Specialist at PWC
- Dr. Joan Drake, Manager at Noble Clinic