Volunteer Services Coordinator Resume
This Volunteer services coordinator requires outstanding interpersonal skills, flexibility, ability to motivate and coordinate a team and also the ability to work with disabled volunteers.
A Volunteer Service Coordinator may have several responsibilities, some of them varying depending on the type and size of the organization they work for. However, their main duties include scheduling meetings with prospective and current volunteers, contacting volunteers, receiving and providing feedback about volunteer experiences, responding to volunteer inquiries and concerns and rewarding their performances and efforts.
Start your Volunteer Service Coordinator Resume by mentioning your contact details such as full name, home address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your Resume should contain your professional objective, that has to describe the position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications recommend you. Mention several personal skills as well as some competences you have gained in your experience as a Volunteer Service Coordinator.
It is also very important to mention previous experiences in recruiting and training volunteers as well as professional achievements. The last section should focus on your formal education and areas of interests. Apart from working experience and theoretical knowledge, Volunteer Service Coordinators must have an empathic personality, must be able to establish interpersonal relationships and to counsel, teach and conduct volunteers.
Volunteer Services Coordinator Sample Resume
Name: Lynette Silvano
Address: Lynwood Street Los Angeles
Birth date: 04.12.1978
Marital Status: Married
Driver's License: B category, 1995
From my point of view, a Volunteer Services Coordinator is in charge of recruiting, training, coordinating and monitoring volunteers as well as of organizing events.
Looking for a position as a Volunteer Services Coordinator within a non-profit organization where I can use my skills and competences as well as my previous experience in working with people in order to contribute to the organization's development and to make it well known to the general public.
Hard working, enthusiastic and experienced Volunteer Services Coordinator, with excellent interpersonal competences, able to work with disabled volunteers as well, I am looking forward to face new challenges, learn new things and use my experience and talent in order to coordinate a team of volunteers.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Highly organizational competences;
- Strategic planning;
- People oriented and problem solver;
- Efficient in time management;
- Able to coordinate and motivate a team;
- Attention to details;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Able to meet deadlines;
- Emphatic personality;
- Oral comprehension;
- Able to provide guidance;
- Responsible and reliable;
- Adaptability and quick leaner.
Volunteer Coordinator, Christian Volunteering, 2002-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Recruiting, training and coordinating volunteers, both individual and as a team;
- Assigning volunteers to different projects and events;
- Coordinating research and fundraising activities;
- Acting as a liaison between the organization, volunteers and the community;
- Identifying and implementing new methods to attract more volunteers;
- Ensuring compliance with organization's policies, standards and regulations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Found suitable volunteers for different projects and events;
- Provided training and support to volunteers;
- Kept file records for each volunteer;
- Managed the volunteering program;
- Recognized and rewarded the volunteer's performances.
Master's Degree in Psychology, Yale University
Bachelor's Degree in Social Studies, Yale University
Achievements and affiliations
- Designing a successful training plan for new volunteers
- Discovered new techniques to attract more volunteers
- Member of the International Volunteer Programs Association (IVPA)
- Social Studies
- Recruiting techniques
Miranda Eyre, Manager of Save the Children