Travel Agent Resume
A travel agent usually helps the customers to select their travel destinations and then helps them with the travel, entertainment and lodging arrangements. Travel agents can perform a wide range of travel preparations and arrangements, depending on the needs of their customers. Travel agents can book lodging and transportation, arrange entertainment and establish itineraries. They can also advise clients on what local attractions they can visit, they can inform them regarding the climate, customs and anything else regarding their trip.
Start your Travel Agent Resume with an objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills. You can mention your communication and organizational skills, your ability to prepare and to book a travel itinerary, to coordinate travel arrangements, to promote travelling opportunities and packages, and so on.
Your Travel Agent Resume needs to have a section devoted to your professional work experience. This section must run chronologically from your last to your current position. Do not give too much information about your first jobs in your career, but you should give more details on your jobs in the Tourism industry. Present what your duties were in every position and how you helped your department progress. Your last section has to be on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel that is relevant to your application in the Tourism Industry. Go into detail about your Degree, and be sure to present your major and minor subjects and emphasize any course or training that might help you be a better Tourism Agent.
Travel Agent Resume Sample
Name: Pamela Smith
Address: 82 First Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 10.04.1980
A travel agent helps the customers to select their travel destinations and then helps them with the travel preparations and arrangements.
I look for a rewarding and challenging position as a Travel Agent in a reputed company where I can use my excellent organizational and communication skills and my experience in the Tourism industry.
A talented applicant with excellent time management and organizational skills determined in organizing travel itineraries and attracting new customers
Skills and qualifications
- Powerful organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in travel sales and customer service
- Proficiency in selling international destinations and group travel
- Knowledge of intern and international destinations
- Proficiency in using SABRE and Windows-based computer applications and programs
Travel Agent, World Travel Inc. 2006, Boston, MA-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Promoted and sold tourism packages
- Developed itineraries and recommended travelling destinations to clients
- Booked itinerary lodging, and dining; prepared tickets
Travel Agent Assistant, Personnel Travel Consultants, Cincinnati, OH- 2002-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepared travel arrangements for clients with transportation, hotel and food
- Completed all ticketing and secured all payments
- Prepared detailed itineraries in order to ensure accuracy of reservations
- Provided confirmation and additional information to clients
Bachelor's Degree in Tourism, University of California
Galileo Travel School, California
Achievements and affiliations
Member of American Society of Travel Agents
Organized travel itineraries for 4 continents: Africa, Europe, Asia and North America
Areas of interest
References available upon request