Airplane Flight Attendant Supervisor Resume
In spite of the glamorous way in which the media depicts flight attendants, their primary responsibility is to make sure that the safety regulations on board the aircraft are followed. They also do everything necessary to ensure the comfort of the passengers during the flights. Flight attendants have duties during the flight, but also before and after. Some of their responsibilities are to demonstrate emergency safety techniques and to help passengers find their seats. They are also trained to administer first aid, in case any passengers experience distress.
In case of emergencies, such as emergency landings or turbulences, flight attendants have to calmly assist and direct the passengers during standard procedures, such as evacuating the airplane. If you want to start a career as a flight attendant, you should know that the minimum educational requirement for the job is a high school diploma, although candidates with college degrees (in psychology, nursing, communications or tourism) are preferred by some airlines. There are schools which will specifically train you for flight attending. You will have an advantage if you have attended one. For international flights, candidates who can speak two or more languages will have the upper hand. Also, if you want to be a flight attendant, you will need to be certified by the FAA. Here is a resume sample for the position of a flight attendant.
Sample Airplane Flight Attendant Supervisor Resume
46 Monroe Street
Name: January Simpleton
Birth Date; 19 February 1986
Driver's License: No
My objective is that of seeking the challenging and rewarding position as a flight attendant with a company that reaches the highest standards and promotes a team environment.
Education and Professional Training
- Certified (by the FAA) professional airplane Flight Attendant
- Bachelor's Degree in tourism from the University of California, Los Angeles, in the year 2004
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Exceptional capacity to follow instructions, understand and learn emergency rules, procedures and regulations
- Great ability to work under stressful conditions
- Neat appearance and exceptional mannerisms
- Ability to work overtime and on rotating shift work
- Extensive knowledge of processes and principles for providing customer services
- Ability to meet quality standards for services, assess customer needs and evaluate customer satisfaction
- Good knowledge of English, Spanish and German.
2009-Present date: Flight attendant for Freelance Airlines, Phoenix, AZ.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing personal services to ensure the comfort and safety of the passengers
- Verifying tickets, greeting passengers and serving beverages and food
- Demonstrating emergency and safety procedures
- Assisting passengers to place luggage in garment, overhead or under-seat storage
- Attending briefings before the flight regarding altitudes, crew coordination, weather routes, emergency procedures, etc.
- Collecting money for beverages and meals
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operating video and audio systems.
- Taking inventory of food and drink, headsets and the collected money
- Announcing descent preparations and flight delays
- Administering first aid to passengers in distress
- Good working capacity
- Helping passengers overcome flight fear in stressful situations
Available upon request.