Budget Analyst Resume
A Budget Analyst is responsible for preparing and validating the financial budget plans of a company. These specialists can work in various departments and can collaborate with the heads of the departments in order to develop and implement their budgets.
These skilled workers are also responsible for comparing the historical cost and the budget data in order to make sure that the budgets are representative for the departmental needs. Budget Analysts also have to consolidate and transform the budget plans of the operating units into corporate budgets. A Budget Analyst also has to write and present the capital expense budgets in order to be approved by the management of a company. They have to make sure the budgeting procedures are strictly respected.
Your Budget Analyst resume needs to start with an objective that has to indicate the sort of position you are looking for. The objective statement should be followed by a bullet pointed summary of your main skills. In this section, you can mention the programs you can operate and highlight your skills in each one. Your next section should be about your work experience. Start adding your professional experience from the most recent position to your least. In this section, make sure you write details on each position like what were your duties and what achievements you had in every position.
The next section of your Budget Analyst resume should be about your education. Start with your most recent training and work backwards. Add just the highest degrees and give more information about the training, which you have gained for a Budget Analyst position. In this section, you also have to add the name of the degree you obtained, the name of the schools you attended and the location of those schools.
Budget Analysts are required to be detail-oriented and to possess excellent computer literacy in preparing budget spreadsheets and other financial documents.
Budget Analyst Resume Sample
Name: Cole Byrne
Address: 525 Kramer Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 30.07.1979
From my experience, I can state that a Budget Analyst is responsible for preparing and validating the financial budget plans of a company.
Seeking a position as a Budget Analyst, where my strong professional experience and my excellent organizational skills will offer me the opportunity for advancement based on measurable results and achievements.
A highly experienced Budget Analyst, who has performed the budget management of the accounting department and who has extensive experience in numerical computations; strong computer literacy
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deep knowledge in using QuickBooks
- Strong background in spreadsheets and word processing
- Exceptional knowledge in MS Office programs: Work, Excel, Power Point
- Exceptional quantitative and numeracy skills
Budget Analyst, DHS Headquarters, Washington, DC, 2006 - present
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyzed the current and past budgets of the company
- Responsible for preparing, analyzing and justifying the budget requests
- Maintained the documents with the company's budgets in order to ensure a proper budget position
- Analyzed the accounting records of the company in order to determine the financial resources needed to implement various programs
- Helped with the budget development when needed
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepared and presented the budget of the company for the management approval
- Made sure that the budgeting procedures and guidelines are in compliance with the company's financial policies
- Prepared a detailed report regarding the discrepancies that occurred in the budget of the company within a year
- Prepared and presented regular reports on the medium-term forecasted budget
- Assisted various departments with their financial planning by writing the budget models
Master's Degree in Business Management, University of Washington
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, University of Washington
Achievements and associations
Member of the Institute of Management Consultants
Member of the American Association for Budget and Program Analysis
Areas of interest
References available upon request