Parking Analyst Resume
A parking analyst, also known as a parking engineering technician, develops plans for the use and construction of multiple-vehicle, government-owned or private parking facilities. These facilities may serve libraries, hospitals or government offices, but they can also be used as general municipal parking.
In order to determine the most appropriate site for a parking facility, these professionals conduct extensive field surveys of potential locations, considering the effect of the new facility on its surroundings. These professionals must also consider the parking fees to be charged, the possible turnover of vehicles and the necessary capacity. After setting these things straight, they must star with preparing graphs, maps, diagrams and tracings to demonstrate their findings.
It is possible for parking analysts to design a parking facility and to prepare cost estimates for construction. The budgets they are given must specify lighting, paving and landscaping and must provide sufficient spaces.
These analysts are also responsible for evaluating the work of contractors, ensuring that it's in conformity with their specifications, for keeping logs during the construction process and for preparing final reports when the projects are completed.
Most employers will prefer candidates with a high school diploma and preferably, a training program of two years at a community college, for example, in engineering technology. Additional training is usually provided by the employer. The training program at college should include courses in methods of surveying, technical writing, statistics, economics and oral communication.
Take a look at the template resume if you are interested in becoming a Parking Analyst.
Parking Analyst Resume Sample
Name: Jeffrey Williams
Address: 1765, Williams' Cottage
Mountain View Road, California
Birth Date: 1 June 1976
Driver's License: Yes
Looking for the challenging position of a parking analyst to demonstrate my abilities and utilize my rih experience for some constructive purpose
- Over eight years of prior experience as a parking analyst
- Vast expertise in planning constructions according to the clients' needs, while minimizing environmental impacts
- Experienced and trained drafter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Methodical, analytical and timely in responding to requirements and deadlines
2001-Present date: Parking analyst for Fritz Urban Planning, Los Angeles, California
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing plans for the construction of vehicle parking facilities that produce revenue
- Conducting and planning comprehensive field surveys with the goal to locate possible sites
- Taking factors into consideration regarding the turnover and the capacity of the parking facility
- Preparing graphs, maps, diagrams and tracings to illustrate the findings to the superiors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support to parking analysts
- Gathering information for parking projects, processing the data and creating records for the parking projects
- Assisting in statistical researches for parking facilities
- Helping the chief analyst to design driveways, parking spaces, cashier booths, paving details and other details
Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from the University of California, Los Angeles in 1998
An excellent record of managing projects related to parking facilities, so that they were finished accordingly, within the budget and on time.
Areas of interest
Available upon request