Survey Researcher Resume
The companies that capture opinion data with the help of surveys can have an advantage over competitors by being more aware of what customers desire and think. These surveys are done by survey researchers whose responsibility is to gain feedback from external and internal stakeholders. These researchers usually target existing as well as potential customers, but they can also administer surveys to stockholders, the local community or any group of individuals who can have relevant opinions for the company.
Researchers can administer modern surveys in various ways, the most popular method being the paper and pen response template. These templates include multiple choice questions with short answers or input fields. They can be administered either through email or in person. Other surveys can be administered over phone or online. Survey researchers can use online surveys through highly automated computer software that gather, administer and report on a huge number of surveys.
In case of telephone surveys, the assistance of a live operator is often required, but automated telephonic survey systems are also available.
If you want to become a survey researcher, take a look at the following resume sample.
Survey Researcher Resume Sample
Name: Jason Bush
Birth Date: 10 August 1978
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking to fill the challenging position of a survey researcher in a reputable company.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics from the University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland in 2000
- In-depth knowledge of SAS programming and various software programs used to summarize, manipulate and produce reports from large, multiple and complex data sets
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Vast knowledge of analytical and statistical survey protocol, instruments and procedures
- Excellent ability to analyze and gather statistical data and generate reports
- Thorough knowledge of large-scale definitions, data systems and procedures
- Remarkable ability to generate reports, analyze statistical data and administer and design survey instruments
2002-Present date: Survey researcher for Smart Hours Company, Baltimore, Maryland
Duties and responsibilities:
- Acquiring, developing and maintaining longitudinal data sets and verifying consistency and accuracy over time
- Participating in the development of survey instruments, survey construction and design of survey procedures and protocols
- Performing statistical analysis of data, data reduction and interpretation of results
- Providing technical support and facilitating the integration of findings and processes into decision-making and institutional planning
- Preparing institutional responses to external queries
Duties and responsibilities:
- Gathering and analyzing data
- Conducting surveys or interviews and writing reports
- Assisting in various survey research efforts, such as survey objectives, construction and design
- Designing and managing databases and information systems to support institutional research activities
- Preparing institutional responses to external and internal queries
- Assisting with survey methodology, applied sampling and data collection
Helped the companies to be in tune with the opinions of their customers through all the surveys I developed.
Areas of interest
- Natural sciences
Available upon request.