Resumes are generally the first impression about the job seeker. Very few artists 'seek' for a job. Yet, exceptions are always there. An artist might feel it difficult to write a resume. Here are some tips on writing an art resume. We hope that this will make resume writing simple for you.
- Start your resume with your name in bold letters. Some people do not use bold font but just a bigger font while writing the name.
- In marketing or other corporate field resumes, photo is not attached in the resume, but in art resumes, a sample of your work can be attached. This is purely optional. Make sure that the attachments are not very large in size.
- In job experiences, list only the relevant jobs i.e. jobs which are in relation to the one which you are applying for.
- Include a list of galleries, businesses, publications that are currently showing your work. While mentioning about them, write the name, address and contact number. Also include the details of awards you have received (if any) in relation to art. Grants can also be mentioned.
- Mention the skills you posses. Avoid long sentences; instead use bullet points. You can mention skills like good communication skill, systematic, good knowledge of the concerned field, good organization skills, excellent artistic skills
- In your educational qualification, write about the name of the school/college/university, course attended, and year of passing and any special subjects if studied.
- Under the heading of certifications, you can mention the diploma and certificate courses you have done till now. Remember to mention only those which bear some relevance to the job you are applying for. Mention the name of the course, duration of the course and the year you attended the said course.
- Mention any two references with their name, current employment status, designation, address mail id and contact number. Make sure that the references you provide know you personally. The recruiter may call them for judging the credibility and authenticity.
- Include your personal details like your name, date of birth, marital status, languages known and job profile. Do not include political preferences, sexual preferences and religion. Information like these ruins the image of the applicant.
- You can add a separate heading of areas of interests or hobbies in your resume. It is not necessary that your hobbies and interest is in line with the job you are applying for. One can mention their true interest and hobbies which can be further utilized by the employer.
- Update your resume on a regular basis.
- Do not exaggerate or underestimate your achievements. Do not lie.
- Do not extend the length of resume to more than two pages.
A resume is not a praise letter. It is just a documented form of the summary of your qualifications, achievements, experiences and accomplishments. Avoid using colors in your resume. Do not use stylistic fonts. We suggest Times New Roman or Arial font to write a resume to make it look clear and simple.
While drafting an art resume or any other resume one needs to note that all the information is clearly mentioned and it is easy to read. It should be typed properly and if a hard copy is required, it needs to be printed on a good quality paper to present it to the employers. All the information on the resume should be authentic and it should be a drafted keeping in mind all the points that includes in an official communication. If one is not sure about the format or the contents of a effective resume, professional help can be taken.
Check out few examples of art resume samples:
- Actor Resume
- Art Director Resume
- Art Teacher Resume
- Art Conservator Resume
- Art Framer Resume
- Art Appraiser Resume
- Bibliographer Resume
- Classified Advertising Supervisor Resume
- Craft Center Director Resume
- Craft Artist Resume
- Circus Agent Resume
- Choreographer Resume
- Dancer Resume
- Music Director Resume
- Model Mold Maker Resume
- Motion Picture Projectionist Resume
- Music Therapist Resume
- Photographic Hand Developer Resume
- Press Secretary Resume
- Potter Resume
- Plate Finisher Resume
- Pantograph Engraver Resume
- Lyricist Resume
- Fine Arts Packer Resume
- Greeting Card Writer Resume
- Orchestrator Resume
- Television News Reporter Resume
- Sculptor Resume
- Sketch Artist Resume
- Stone Carver Resume
- Sight Effects Specialist Resume