Art Teacher Resume
The art teacher has to instruct students to create art by drawing, painting, sculpting and designing. Art teachers can be specialized in one or more types of art like commercial art, illustration or art history.
The work elements of an art teacher include choosing the art supplies, the raw materials and the books for classes, organizing the lesson plans, demonstrating various art methods to students, evaluating students for progress and offering them advice for improvements. Art teachers can also organize field trips with students or can plan various art contests. Among this, the art teacher is also responsible for arranging art exhibits or for discussing with parents or counselors about the grades or the personality of various students.
Tips for Writing Art Teacher Resume
Start your Art Teacher resume with an objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills and qualifications. Mention some general skills as well as skills which you have gained in your experience as an Art Teacher: excellent organizational skills or solid knowledge in various types of art. Your Art Teacher resume also needs to have a section devoted to the professional work experience.
This section has to run chronologically from your current to your last position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position, but focus more on the positions you held in the Teaching field. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Usually Art Teachers are required to have a Bachelor's Degree in fine arts, in visual or studio arts. You also need to add in your resume, your teaching certification. Highlight anything you feel is relevant to your application as an Art Teacher.
Art Teachers have a very important role in the student's artistic development, so when you write your resume, focus on your ability to achieve this goal.
Sample Art Teacher Resume
Address: 42 Madison Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 15.02.1983
An art teacher has to instruct students to create art by drawing, painting, sculpting and designing.
Seeking a rewarding and challenging position as an Art Teacher in a reputed company where I can use my excellent organizational skills, my solid education background and my vast experience.
Hard-working, talented and well-organized Art Teacher with vast experience in giving students tuition in painting, drawing, photography or sculpture.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Proficiency in teaching various types of art using digital technology
- Great ability to create and to maintain effective human relationships
- Knowledge of the theory and methods required to compose works of music, dance, drama or sculpture.
Art Teacher, Manhattan Charter School, New York, NY, 2008-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performed general teaching tasks
- Maintained the art facilities such as photographic darkrooms and the studios areas
- Purchased and maintained art materials within the budget
- Arranged student exhibitions in and out of school.
Art Teacher, Innovation Academy Charter School, Wilmington, DE, 2004-2008
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instructed students in art methods: painting, sketching or sculpturing
- Created lesson plans and established course purposes
- Selected art books or art supplies for the classes
- Demonstrated art methods and procedures to students.
Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Art Institute of New York City
Areas of Interest
References available upon request