Dancers are the persons who perform in different settings such as musical productions, and can present folk, ethnic, tap, jazz, and other types of dances. Dancers can also perform in opera, musical theater, television, movies, music videos, and commercials, where they can sing and act. Dancers can either perform as part of a group or can perform solo.
Dancing is a way of self-expression, when is combined with choreography. Dancing provides body flexibility, strength and endurance to those who practice it. If you are successful in obtaining a career in dance, you can either choose to own a dance studio or you can choose to be a dance teacher.
Start your Dancer Resume with an objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as a dancer.
A Dancer Resume needs to have a section devoted to the professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your current to your last position. Don't give too much information about the first jobs in your career, but give more details on your jobs as a Dancer. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. Highlight anything you feel that is relevant to your application as a Dancer.
52 Oakridge Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 21.01.1983
A dancer is the person who performs in various settings from musical productions to commercials. Combined with choreography, dancing is an excellent way of self-expression.
I look for a challenging and rewarding position as a Dancer in an organization where I can use my skills and experience.
Talented, creative and experienced Dancer dedicated to provide entertainment to a large audience.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Full of energy, creative and flexible
- Proficiency in coordination and sense of rhythm
- Knowledge of dance and other related issues
- Stamina and self confidence
- Experience in various types of dance: ballet, jazz, tap dance, modern dance
- Singing and acting skills
Dancer, Dream Studio, Springfield, MA, 2007-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepared for performances and rehearsed with a choreographer
- Performed to a large audience in many dance shows
- Improved technical standards to avoid injury during dance rehearsals
- Collaborated with a choreographer for learning various dance steps
Dance Teacher, ACORN Community High School, New York 2005-2007
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offered dance instructions to students
- Coordinated the dance activities and the dance steps with the choreographer
- Used generally accepted methods and materials for teaching students various dance steps
- Developed dance lesson plans and appropriate instructions for students
- Evaluated the progress of every student and communicated this progress to parents or students
Bachelor's Degree of Fine Arts in Dance, University of Washington
- Ballet: The Kirov Academy of Ballet, Washington
- Tap Dance: Steps on Broadway, New York
Member of the Classical Ballet Club
Areas of Interest
- John Stewart
- Dream Studio