Fine Arts Packer Resume
The Fine Arts Packer confers with curatorial staff about the status of the museum projects and transfer dates or proposed shipping of exhibitions, develops procedures and methods for containerization or packing of art objects, according to characteristics of shipment and weight of the package. S/he selects preservative or protective materials, such as moisture proof wrapping, chemical agents, excelsior to protect shipment against moisture, impact, vibration and other hazards that may occur.
S/he also is in charge of designing special modules, crates, brackets and traveling frames to meet museum shipping guidelines and specifications and insurance specifications as well. A packer contours and shapes internal support modules, based on type of paintings, bronzes, glass or sculptures and other objects. S/he coordinates other workers engaged in moving art objects from storage and receiving areas to galleries of museum, in rigging sculptures, and in packing shipping for installation of exhibition, and s/he also inspects incoming shipment to determine if there is any damage for insurance purposes. S/he is in charge of keeping records of incoming and outgoing shipments, location of traveling and loan materials, preparing written instruction for unpacking, exhibition and storage of shipment.
A fine arts packer must have training in a vocational school or related on-the-job experience, or the equivalent as an associate's degree, while some employer might require their applicants to possess a bachelor's degree. As for experience, employers prefer candidates with work related skills and knowledge.
If you want to follow a career as a fine arts packer, you can add in your resume that you have the ability to pay close attention to details, wide knowledge of packing fine art and experience in the domain. These skills and knowledge requirements will improve your resume and increase the chance to get the job you pursue.
Name: Larry Knight
Address: 1st Seasame Street, New York, USA, 99999
Home: (555) 555 5555
Cell: (555) 555 1234
Seeking a position as a Fine Arts Packer
Summary of Qualifications
- Over six years of experience in packing fine art
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Solid knowledge of packing finer art
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and dependable employee
- Ready for immediate hire
Fine Arts Packer, 2002 • Present
New York Fine Arts Packing Service, New York, USA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Discussed with the curatorial staff of the museum about the dates of transfer, procedures and methods for packing art objects and other specific details related to packing and shipment
- Kept documents and records of outgoing and incoming shipments
- Prepared instructions on objects for un-packers to follow storage, unpacking and exhibition
New York Fine Arts packing Service, New York, USA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisted the lead fine arts packer with general duties
- Determined and hired the relevant transportation service, whether airplane, barge or train
- Examined the costs and nature of shipments and informed the head packer on the outcome
Associate's Degree, Art Appreciation, 1999
New York Community College, New York USA