Office Assistant Resume
An office Assistant is a highly skilled worker who does practically everything in an office: answers phones, provides customer support, fills documents and performs other clerical tasks.
An Office Assistant has various administrative tasks like answering calls, organizing various documents for the company, recording and organizing checks and donations, ordering office supplies and maintaining inventory, updating the e-mail address of the company and operating office equipments.
Office Assistants can also provide customer support and can help in various accounting duties. Some Office Assistants are responsible for running an entire office for coordinating with office employees and for assisting the executives. Usually, the duties of Office Assistants depend on the size of the company and its needs.
The personal information section is the first thing you have to add in your Office Assistant resume. Add your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address. The following section has to contain the introduction where you can say a few things on what this position means for you. Add a qualification summary, where you emphasize your skills and qualifications that are applicable to the position you are applying for. The following section in your resume has to be your education. This section needs to be dedicated to your training. Mention schools, colleges, and universities you attended to. In this section, you can also list the additional workshops, classes or courses you attended.
The following section of the resume is the working history. In the working experience section, add positions that are relevant to the job you are applying for and mention what duties and tasks you held in every position. When adding the working experience you have to list the name of the position you held, the name of the employer, the location of the company and the period of employment.
Office Assistants are professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills and with the ability to multi-task.
Name: Tom Freeney
Address: 725 D Street NW
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 22.02.1982
From my experience, I can state that Office Assistants are skilled workers who do practically everything in an office like answering phones, providing customer support, filling documents and other clerical tasks.
Seeking for a rewarding and challenging position as an Office Assistant in a growth-oriented firm where I can utilize my excellent organizational skills and my strong educational background
Enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic Office Assistant with a vast experience in working within an office and performing tasks like managing data, client records and history, preparing financial statements and arranging documents
Skills and qualifications
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge in applicable laws, policies and regulations
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Access and Excel
- Knowledge in personnel management and payroll administration
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and problem solving skills
Office Assistant, Scope Services, Inc., Washington, DC, 2006-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepared and managed conference calls with the seniors abroad and presented agendas for the meetings
- Provided employees requested information from the archives
- Collaborated with the manager to make sure that all deadlines are respected
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the e-mail account of the office
Duties and responsibilities
- Performed duties like answered phone calls, took messages and provided secretarial support to the company
- Answered maintenance requests for the office staff and management
- Responsible for bookkeeping, payroll, A/R processing
- Handled daily employees scheduling
- Coordinated and registering employees for workshops and staff development
Associate's Degree in Administrative Management, University of Washington
Bachelor's of Science in Business Management, University of Washington
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, University of Washington
Areas of interest
References available upon request