Pharmacy Assistant Resume
Pharmacy assistants usually work in retail or hospital pharmacies and they are supervised by a pharmacy technician or pharmacist. These skilled workers assist pharmacists by writing prescription labels, assuring the medications stock, answering phones or taking inventories.
Other duties of pharmacy assistants refer to receiving prescriptions from patients and verifying the accuracy of the information on the form; writing the prescription labels on the patient's medication; adding various medication supplies on shelves and adding the correct price on each item. These skilled workers also have to compile the daily statistics of the pharmacy by writing the number of patients that need prescriptions, the number of refill orders and other information likewise. Pharmacy assistants also answer phone calls and provide general information to patients or suppliers. They help the pharmacist with the inventory of the pharmacy and they maintain records of prescription and medications.
Your pharmacy assistant resume has to start with a powerful and enthusiastic objective statement. Write in one or two sentences your interest to apply for a position as a pharmacy assistant and describe what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you have to add your skills, but highlight those that are applicable to a pharmacy assistant position. For example, you can mention your strong communication skills as well as your proficiency in using office equipments such as calculator, typewriter or copier.
The working experience is the next section you have to add in your resume. Mention your previous positions from the most current to the least describe what were your duties and responsibilities and add the name of the position, the name of the company and the location and the period of employment. Do not forget to add your education and training. You have to know that the best qualifications for are a high school diploma or Pharmacy Assistant Certificate. These skilled workers are required good communication skills and exceptional manual dexterity. Pharmacy assistants also need to have excellent knowledge of mathematics.
Sample Pharmacy Assistant Resume
Name: David Anderson
Address: 373 Madison Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 19.04.1978
From my experience, I can state that pharmacy assistants are responsible for writing prescription labels, assuring the medications stock, answering phones or taking inventories.
To obtain a pharmacy assistant position in a well established company where I can fully utilize my great mathematical skills and extensive experience in this field
Dynamic and energetic pharmacy assistant with eight years experience in providing quality pharmaceutical services to clients; with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with exceptional mathematical skills
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of the prescription of various medications
- Ability to provide accurate information regarding prescribed medications
- Extensive experience in ordering and preparing prescriptions for patients
Pharmacy Assistant, Publix Pharmacy, Montgomery, AL, 2005-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Selected and delivered various pharmaceutical items to various patients
- Answered issues regarding the supply and availability of medication
- Ordered medications for various patients or hospitals
- Received, load and unload medications from suppliers
- Wrote the prescription labels on the patient's medication
- Added various medication supplies on the shelves of the pharmacy
Pharmacy Assistant, St. Charles Hospital, New York, NY 2002-2005
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance of a reasonable supplies level
- Assembled and labeled medications for patients
- Prepared medicines in the hospital using special techniques
- Responsible for writing the daily statistics of the pharmacy
- Answered phone calls and provided general information to patients
Pharmacy Assistant Certificate, Sanford-Brown Institute, New York
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the American Pharmacists Association since 2006
Areas of interest
References available upon request