Public Relations Assistant Resume
Working in the industry of public relations is a very exciting, fulfilling and challenging experience. In this area, extensive knowledge is not the most important aspect. Creativity, talent, enthusiasm and outstanding interpersonal skills are the ones that make a difference when being a public relations specialist. Public relations specialists must be able to sustain public speeches, press conferences and to provide written press releases as well. This position is designated to those who have great communication skills, are very flexible and eager to face new challenges day by day.
When creating your Public Relations Assistant resume it is essential that you emphasize your personal and professional competences as well as your former duties. This is an entry level position and usually people do not have much previous experience. Therefore, you must highlight your best qualities and professional achievements in order to impress your prospective employer.
Start your resume by clearly stating your professional objective. Continue by mentioning the skills and abilities that make you suitable for such a position. It is also important to mention any previous experience in public relations. Write all your responsibilities and successes, if you have had any. If you have someone willing to recommend you it is advisable to mention this in your resume. Do not forget to write your contact details in case employers want to get in touch with you.
Name: Janice Friedman
Address: Allegheny Street, Philadelphia
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Birth date: 15.11.1982
Marital Status: Married
Driver's License: B category, 2002
From my point of view, a Public Relations Assistant provides help and support to the public relations specialist and is responsible for basic PR operations.
Looking for a position as a Public Relations Assistant within a strong organization where I can use my extensive knowledge and professional competences in order to contribute to the company's growth and success as well as to my own career development.
Social, dynamic and talented Public Relations Assistant, with exceptional interpersonal skills and extensive PR knowledge, able to face any challenge without any fear, I am eager to learn new things and use my knowledge in order to achieve the company's goals and objectives.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Interpersonal and intercultural competences;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Able to speak in public;
- Speech clarity;
- Active listener;
- Multi tasking abilities;
- Results oriented and focused;
- Attention to details;
- Computer literate;
- Able to work with Web Publishing, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and InDesign;
- Dynamic and self motivated;
- Creative and innovative;
- Able to perform well without close supervision
Public Relations Assistant, Stanton College, 2008-present
Duties and responsibilities:
- Promoting the organization and its programs;
- Assisting PR Officer in organizing press conferences and other PR events;
- Collecting information about the college and preparing written reports;
- Informing the media and public about the college admission conditions, events, facilities and other relevant details;
- Establishing collaborating relationships with the school staff, the community and media.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintained close relationships with the media ;
- Assisted PR Manager in preparing press releases and organizing conferences;
- Sustained presentations and public speeches;
- Assisted PR Manager in establishing annual PR budgets;
- Collaborated with the marketing department.
Master's Degree in Journalism, Stanford University
Bachelor's Degree in Advertising, Stanford University
Public Relations and Communication Internship at Harvard University
Achievements and affiliations
Maintain a good relationship with the media
Areas of interest
Danielle Brown, Public Relations Officer, Stanton College