Recreation Attendant Resume
A recreation attendant resume should be devised in such a way that the employer is impressed in the first glance and considers you a worthy choice for the vacancy. Your resume should speak for you in your absence. Hence it should be planned and prepared in such a way that whatever your skills and qualifications are, they are reflected clearly and precisely in your resume. Many a time, it happens that the candidate gets confused with the skills that are required for the job. It leads to a misleading resume. Hence, it is necessary to be well acquainted with the nature of the job so that you make no mistakes while drafting the resume. So let us find out what all are the important responsibilities that a recreation attendant has to handle.
S/he works under supervision with particular instructions provided as to the duties that are to be performed. The work activities of recreation attendants include assisting in the conduct of activities at a recreation center, maintaining and preparing fields and courts by cleaning up, cutting grass, marking courts, and picking the trash. They also perform tasks such as cleaning and disinfecting locker rooms and facilities, acting as cashier or ticket taker, assisting in the cleaning and refilling of swimming pools, and assisting in the maintenance of ice skating rinks.
Other duties include locking and unlocking gates and doors, issuing recreation equipment and supplies, enforcing regulations and maintaining order at facilities and playgrounds. They keep records and make reports as required and provide assistance to disabled people in reaching less accessible areas. A resume for the position of a recreation attendant should focus on certain abilities such as the ability to give and enforce simple instructions, to keep simple records, to perform manual labor and have the ability to follow directions. The applicant must also have the ability to successfully work and serve a diverse local community.
There are no formal education requirements for this position, so even high school students can try to get summer or part-time jobs at recreation centers. A resume for this job should be short and precise, since one of the main requirements is excellent communication skills.
Name: Jimmy Carter
Address: 15 Broad Street, New York, USA, 87777
Home: (333) 555 5567
Phone no.: (333) 555 7484
Date: January 12, 2012
Seeking a position as a Recreation Attendant in a reputed and well known Recreation Center.
Summary of Qualifications
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to keep records
- Ability to give and enforce instructions
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Ability to get along with others
- Ability to serve a diverse local community
Recreation Attendant, 2002–2004, Sea Grove Recreation Center, New York, USA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisted in the conduct of activities within the recreation center
- Maintained and prepared files, marked courts, cut grass and picked up trash
- Cleaned and disinfected lockers room, toilets and other facilities
- Acted as a cashier and ticket taker
- Assisted in draining and refilling the swimming pools
- Locked and unlocked gates and doors in the morning and in the evenings
- Provided recreation equipment and supplies to members
- Assisted in the maintenance of ice-skating rinks
- Made sure that the regulations of the facility were respected and maintained order within the center
- Helped disabled individuals reach less accessible areas
- Performed additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, 2000, New York High School, New York, USA
- On-the-job Training, Sea Grove Recreation Center
Available upon request.
Other personal details
- Date of birth: August 12, 1983
- Nationality: American
- Marital status: Married
- Children: Two
- Driving license: B Category, 2001