Loan Officer Resume
Loan officers work with individuals and businesses and help them acquire loans for professional or personal needs. A loan officer is responsible for making necessary recommendations for clients, evaluating and authorizing loans for commercial needs, real estate or credit.
Loan officers are primarily employed by financial institutions such as credit unions, commercial banks or savings institutions. They can specialize in the consumer, commercial or mortgage area. A commercial loan officer works with businesses in obtaining loans for business expansions or equipment upgrades. A consumer loan officer helps individuals with personal loans, auto loans and home equity loans. A mortgage loan officer assists with refinancing an existing mortgage or purchasing residential or commercial property.
Loan officers can either work in large or small financial institutions. Those who work in smaller branches may take responsibility for the entire loan activity and specialize in every one of the three management areas. Officers who work for large financial institutions may specialize in only one area of loans.
The majority of employers will require a bachelor's degree in economics, finance or a related field, but others don't request a college education. Most loan officers start off in customer service or as tellers and have prior experience with sales, lending or banking.
If you want to start a career as a loan officer, you should take a look at the following resume sample. To go through yet another resume sample, click this link.
Loan Officer Sample Resume
Name: Juliette Madoff
Birth Date: 12 June 1980
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking to fill the challenging position of a loan officer in a reputable company where I can I can optimize on my skills and experience to ensure maximum profit.
Education and Professional Training
Bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2002
- Excellent ability to analyze, read and interpret technical procedures, professional journals and governmental regulations
- Strong ability to write business correspondence, reports and procedure manuals
- Remarkable ability to present information effectively
- Excellent ability to work with mathematical concepts, like for example statistical inference and probability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
2005-Present date: Loan officer for Stark Lending, Los Angeles, California
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working with clients to research and identify their financial goals
- Providing special services, like investment banking for clients who had special needs
- Studying potential loan markets and developing contact networks, in order to locate prospects
- Setting credit lines, credit policies, standards and procedures in conjunction with senior managers
- Negotiating payment arrangements with clients who had delinquent loans
- Analyzing financial status, property evaluations and credit to determine if granting a loan is feasible
2002-2004: Junior mortgage loan officer for NRT Financial Group, Los Angeles, California
Duties and responsibilities:
- Promoting business by developing relationships with existing and new clients
- Advising loc-in-policy borrowers and ensuring that requests are completed accordingly
- Interviewing potential borrowers
- Providing information to borrowers about documents, loan options and market conditions
- Helping operations personnel in closing and processing loans
- Analyzing and reviewing new loan guidelines, programs, updates and changes
Increased sales by 30% in my first year and published several articles on financial topics in a local magazine.
Areas of interest
Available upon request.