Mortgage Loan Officer Resume
Mortgage loan officers use communication and interpersonal skills to generate leads, referral businesses and relationships with past clients, existing clients and real estate professionals. They also regularly participate in training for sales, marketing and scenario techniques to effectively package, sell and close consumer mortgages.
The responsibilities of a mortgage loan officer include taking and completing loan applications, pre-qualifying and analyzing information to determine if the client is viable for the loan, analyzing credit reports and comparing them with the statements of the mortgage borrower to see if they are accurate, and correcting inaccuracies and determining the correct loan option.
Other duties refer to providing information and guidance relevant to the benefits and risks of all programs the applicant is qualified for, effectively communicating and explaining the terms of products and ensuring that the burrower signs all the documents and gathering the required initial documentation based on disclosure requirements and the loan program selected by the applicant.
A mortgage loan officer has to give the loan package to a loan processor for stacking, review and pre-submission audit, to work with loan processors to provide any additional documentation or letters of explanation as required by underwriting, in order to close each loan and clear all conditions and to maintain a working file for the office as required for compliance.
Most employers look for candidates with a bachelor's degree in economics, finance or a related field, but, in some cases, customer service representatives or tellers working in the finance industry can advance to the position of a loan officer.
Mortgage Loan Officer Sample Resume
Name: Emily Roberts
Birth Date: 27 May 1980
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking to fill the position of a mortgage loan officer.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor's degree in finance from the University of Texas at Austin in 2002
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Exceptional analytical, math and time management skills
- Vast knowledge of underwriting and pricing requirements from a variety of mortgage insurance companies
- In-depth working knowledge of underwriting requirements for FHLMC, FNMA , FHA, private investors and local bonding programs
- Familiar with the national, state and local laws
- Excellent ability to analyze financial information
2003-Present date: Mortgage Loan Officer for Princeton Bank, Austin, Texas
Duties and responsibilities:
- Meeting with new and existing clients to find out information about their lending needs
- Participating in business development programs and developing profitable bank relationships
- Helping in the coordination of lending activity by collaborating with the loan department
- Providing leadership in community activities like social and business organizations
- Determining various credit needs of the company's market area through community functions
Duties and responsibilities:
- Promoting business by developing relationships with the existing and the new borrowers, realtors and builders
- Advising borrowers and ensuring that loan requests were properly completed
- Pre-qualifying and interviewing potential borrowers
- Helping the operations personnel in closing and processing loans
- Analyzing and reviewing new loan updates, guidelines and changes
During my eight years of experience, I managed to achieve all the goals of the companies I worked for.
Areas of interest
Available upon request.