Barbers are skilled workers, who are responsible for providing customers hair maintenance services like cutting, trimming and tapping hair with combs or scissors. Barbers usually work on men's hair, but there are also barbers that have both female and male customers. Barbers perform their working activities in beauty salons or barbershops, but they can also work in spas, resorts or department stores.
Among the duties mentioned above, barbers also have to apply lather to shave beards and hair contour on the neck with a razor. They have to apply lotions or hairdressings, to shampoo or style hair. Other responsibilities include massaging face or scalp of customers, receiving payment for services or selling tonics, lotions and other cosmetics. Also, there are some barbers that style and fit wigs and hairpieces or are responsible for selling these hairpieces.
Your barber resume must focus on the most important information regarding your experience, skills and education in this field. This information has to offer the employers an overview image of your skills and abilities, which you can use as a barber. The first thing you have to add is your contact information: full name, permanent address, telephone number and e-mail address. The objective statement in your resume has to inform the employer of your career goals or to express your interest in a specific job or position as a Barber. You can also add the summary qualifications describing your most important skills and qualifications. Then, you can add the objective where you should write one or two sentences emphasizing on what your career aspirations and your ideals are.
In the abilities section, you can list general skills, but also specific skills you have gained as a barber. In the working experience section, present your previous jobs in a chronological order from your current to the last position you held and describe what were your main tasks and responsibilities. The final section of your resume has to be about your training and education. Include any certificates you have gained. A course in hair styling, cosmetology and dressing are usually the education requirements of barbers. The achievements and affiliations section, you can mention clubs you are a member of or the voluntary work you have undertaken.
Barbers need to be able to work well and fast with their hands, to have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Name: Matthew Gabbler
Address: 274 Mitchell Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 11.05.1979
From my experience, I can state that barbers are skilled workers who are responsible for providing customers hair maintenance services like cutting, trimming and tapping hair with combs or scissors
Seeking a barber position in a reputed firm that utilizes both the communication and coordination skills that I have obtained through my experience and education
Creative and talented barber with experience in using barbering and cosmetology techniques and equipment and with deep knowledge of hair types and styles and cosmetology practices
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform barbering and hair cutting
- Strong knowledge of hair types and styles and cosmetology methods and practices
- Skills in cosmetology techniques and tools
- Ability to supervise the work of other employees\
Barber, Discount Barber & Beauty Supply, Phoenix, AZ, 2008 - present
Duties and responsibilities
- Applied lather to shave beards and hair contour on the neck with a razor
- Applied lotions or hairdressings to shampoo or style hair
- Massaged the face or scalp of customers
- Sold tonics, lotions and other cosmetics
- Styled and fitted wigs and hairpieces
Duties and responsibilities
- Styled and colored hair with color treatments and straightening irons
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the working area
- Responsible for keeping inventories of the salon's supplies
- Verified that the working tools are sterile and in good working condition
- Groomed customers with gel, lotion and powder
Licensed Class Barber by the Arizona Board of Barber Examiners
High School Diploma, Alchesay High School, AZ
Areas of interest
References available upon request