Makeup Artist Resume
Makeup Artists are professionals, who make sure that performers, models or presenters have a suitable makeup before appearing in front of the cameras. They can work for movies, theaters, television or photographic shoots.
Make-up artists have to respect the make-up requirements of clients for a creative and accurate visual representation. These artists can work either alone as assistants or as part of a makeup team. The work of Makeup Artists includes activities like communicating with customers to respond to their visual requirements; maintaining knowledge of make-up and beauty products or purchasing beauty supplies. Makeup Artists can sometimes recommend types of makeup or hairstyle for customers. They also have to make sure they respect the health and safety issues and policies. These artists have to design and create new types of makeup and hairstyle.
When you write a makeup artist resume the first things you have to add are the contact information, a short introduction, the summary and the objective statement. After you add these sections, your next section can focus on your artistic skills. This should be a bullet pointed section with your most important and valuable skills as a Makeup Artist. Mention your creative and innovative techniques of makeup.
In the next section of your Resume, you should highlight your work experience. Add your duties and responsibilities on every position and how you provided clients quality services. The next section of your Resume should focus on your education. You are considered a successful candidate if you possess a degree in cosmetology or other related field. When you add your education, list the name of the degree, the name of the school and the location of the school you attended.
Makeup Artists have to be creative individuals with innovative ideas. These professionals are required to be dedicated to providing quality services to customers.
Makeup Artist Resume Sample
Name: Jane Collins
Address: 58 Pearl Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 25.03.1982
From my experience, I can state that makeup artists are professionals who make sure that performers, models or presenters have suitable makeup before appearing in front of cameras.
To obtain a makeup artist position in a reputed company where I can utilize my artistic skills and where I can provide professional makeup to people
Dedicated, passionate and creative makeup artist with more than eight years experience in responding to the make-up requirements of clients and in producing a creative visual representation
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain efficient relations with others
- Client-management and time-management skills
- Deep attention to details
- Ability to organize and to control job responsibilities
- Knowledge of advanced makeup techniques and of cosmetics industry
Makeup Artist, Grenade Films, New Orleans, LA, 2006- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Communicated and collaborated with clients to understand their visual requirements
- Read movie scripts to make sure that the hairstyle and makeup fits the scenes
- Produced new ideas for hairstyles and make-up
- Ensured continuity in hair and make-up in various movie scenes
Makeup Artist, Studio Trifusion and Commonwealth Studio, North Carolina, 2002-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Verified if performers, models or presenters have clean and fitted make-up and hairstyles before presentations
- Maintained up-to-date knowledge of the cosmetic products
- Responsible for budgeting and ordering equipments and products from suppliers
Bachelor Degree in Cosmetology, Art Institute of Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
Achievements and associations
Member of the Cosmetology Advancement Foundation
Member of the IMA International Make-Up Association
Areas of interest
References available upon request