Information and Record Clerk Resume
An information record clerk has an important role in the workplace because accurate administration of an organization's records is very important and vital for the success of the organization. Information record clerk have to perform additional duties such as administration, answering telephone, distributing mail, and assisting customers and patients. Information record clerk work in various job settings, such as large business, state and county offices, and hospitals. If a clerk works in a hospital, then they have to takes care of medical records of the patients, as it helps in keeping a track of the patient's data or information.
Information record clerk must have at least a high school diploma or its equivalent degree. However, many employers prefer their candidates to have college experience in accounting or business management. If you are new in this field then you have to undergo on-job training from office personnel so that you can perform the duties correctly.
Usually, this job is considered as an entry-level job, which is chosen by people who want to gain some experience and prepare for more advanced positions. Some offices still maintain records in the form of receipts and paper documents, while other organizations use computers to keep records because it is easier to access them. Because of this matter, clerks are expected to have strong computer knowledge and the ability to focus on details.
Make sure you have a well-constructed resume, so that it catches the attention of the recruiter by its first look. Also, enclose your resume along with the cover letter. Ensure that the resume has a professional outlook and it should be error free, i.e. check for the grammar, spelling and sentence construction. Proof read the resume twice or thrice before sending it to the recruiter. A resume for this position should contain one of the job requirements presented previously, along with detailed job tasks you performed in your previous company. Always mention your complete contact details and always do the follow-up. Here is a sample information record clerk resume for your reference.
Sample Information and Records Clerk Resume
Name: Jason Mitchell
Address: 134 Main Street, Georgia, Atlanta, United States
Home: (333) 555 5555
Cell: (333) 555 1234
Seeking a position as a information record clerk in any of the reputed organization, where I can use the skills and experience for the further growth of the company. I have over three years of experience in this field and hope to excel and leave a mark in this field.
Skills set and core competencies
- In-depth knowledge of record storage inventory, practices and methods
- Ability to sort and order records in alphabetical and numeric sequence
- Ability to store, lift and retrieve heavy boxes of records
- Exceptional ability to maintain records accurately
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Remarkable ability to perform arithmetic calculations
- Excellent ability to follow procedures and policies and finish administrative duties within a given time
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of computer, especially MS Office and Windows
- Friendly, social and can easily adaptable to the surrounding
- Calm and composed in nature
- Dedicated and hard-working
- Excellent team member and great motivator
Designation: Archival Record Clerk
Organizational Name: Department of Information, Georgia, USA
Duration: October 2007– Till Date
Duties and responsibilities
- Instruct the workers and provide them proper advice during retrieval and storage activities
- Deliver the documents to the specific departments when documents were returned
- Take part in the regular inventory of records
High School Diploma, Georgia High School, Atlanta, USA, 2006
Name: Michal Thomas
Company's Name: ABC Associates, New York, USA
Contact no: 689-748-6987
Other personal details
Birth date: 01.06.1987
Marital Status: Married, 1 child
Driver's license: Yes