Mail Clerk Resume
A mail clerk is responsible for sorting mail, weighing and stamping mail, for collecting and delivering mail. A mail clerk has to sell stamps, weigh mail and determine cost, process registered matter and provide customers information on post office rules and regulations.
Mail Clerks are also responsible for organizing and handling incoming and outgoing mail; for operating the postage meter machine and other standard office equipment. Mail clerks can also distribute mail to buildings and offices; to deliver and collect mail; to prepare the money required for daily bank deposits and to replenish supplies like stamps and money order forms. These skilled workers are responsible for re-addressing mail that has to be forwarded; for wrapping packages for mailing and for taking supply inventories. Among the duties mentioned above, they can also deliver messages and run errands.
Your resume can start off with your name, address and contact details. After that, we suggest you to add a short introduction describing what the mail clerk position means for you and the qualifications summary emphasizing on your best skills. After this, you have to add a strong and eye catching objective. This should be a brief sentence which should describe your goals in the postal industry and it should reflect your interest in this position.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section should mention the experiences chronologically. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position, how you helped your department progress and how you offered quality service to customers. Your last section has to focus on your education. A successful applicant is required to have at least a High School Diploma. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. The last section has to be about your achievements.
Mail clerks are required to possess a strong knowledge of post office rules and regulations used to process mail.
Name: Harry Newman
Address: 573 Pike Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 19.08.1977
Seeking a position as a Mail Clerk in a growth-oriented company where I can use my strong coordination skills and my strong knowledge of post office rules and regulations used to process mail.
Hard-working Mail Clerk with eight years experience in delivering and collecting incoming and outgoing mail; who possesses a strong familiarity of United States Postal Service rules and regulations and who is able to interact with people in a courteous manner
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous relations with people
- Deep knowledge of United States Postal Service rules and regulations
- Ability multi-task
- Proficient in using various computer programs and applications: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to read addresses in a proficient manner in order to deliver mail effectively
- Capable of walking for long periods under adverse weather conditions
Mail Clerk, Washington Post Office, Washington, DC, 2005- present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorted incoming mail in order to be distributed
- Opened envelopes by hand or by using a machine
- Sorted mail according to a specific destination and type like returned letters, bills, orders and payments
- Responsible for readdressing undeliverable mail with incomplete or incorrect address
Mail Clerk, New York Post Office, New York, NY, 2002-2005
Duties and Responsibilities
- Added the date and time of receipt on incoming mail
- Examined outgoing mail for appearance
- Stamped outgoing mail by hand or by using a postage meter
- Folded letters and inserted them in envelopes
- Responsible for weighing mail in order to determine if the postage is correct
High School Diploma, Auburn High School, NY
Areas of Interest
References will be provided on request