Medical Clerk Resume
A medical clerk is responsible for taking care of different aspects within a hospital such as record keeping, copy and faxing, maintaining effective communication between various departments within the health care facility. These medical clerks report the important information and issues to the manager of the health care facility.
A medical clerk is responsible for making a complete medical record of every patient by collecting information from patients regarding their medical history, health problems or test results. A medical clerk has to compile the medical records into charts and to verify that the required information is noted in the chart. Among the duties mentioned above, a medical clerk is also responsible for handling the patient's documents related to their admission and discharge, for answering phones and for maintaining a smooth communication between various departments.
The first elements you have to add when writing your medical assistant resume are the personal information, the summary and then the objective. You have to mention your full name, address, email address, phone number. In the summary, you can add the qualifications and skills you possess for a medical assistant position. The following section in your resume has to be about your skills; you can add strong organizational skills, proficiency in using Windows programs and applications or your great knowledge of medical terms.
The education and training section also needs to be added to your resume. Mention schools, colleges, and universities you attended to. In this section, you can also list the additional courses you attended or anything you think is relevant for the medical clerk position. The following section of the resume is the working experience. In this section, add your job history in chronological order from your current to your least and mention what duties and tasks you performed. Add tasks such as made a complete medical record of every patient by collecting information from patients. In this section, you can also add the name of the position you held, the name of the health care facility you worked for as well as the period of employment.
A medical clerk is required to possess strong communication and leadership skills and excellent medical record management abilities.
Sample Medical Clerk Resume
Name: Jennifer Freeney
Address: 263 Peters Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 13.09.1978
From my experience, I can state that a medical clerk is responsible for taking care of different aspects within a hospital such as record keeping, copy and faxing, maintaining effective communication between various departments within the health care facility
Seeking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a medical clerk in a growth-oriented organization where I can fully use my strong organizational and leadership skills
Enthusiastic medical clerk with ten years experience in performing clerical duties within a health care facility and who possess a strong knowledge of medical office procedures; with great multi-tasking skills and with the ability to work under pressure
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding multi-tasking skills
- Strong record-keeping abilities
- Ability to process, compile and report patient information
- Proficient in computers
Medical Clerk, Piedmont Healthcare, Atlanta, GA, 2007-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Evaluated medical history, reports of X -rays, laboratory tests for accuracy
- Provided patients' health information regarding various medical aspects
- Ensured that the patient's medical charts are complete
- Created and recorded databases for new patients
- Maintained confidentiality and protected the security of medical records
Medical Clerk, Piedmont Heart Institute, Atlanta, GA, 2000-2007
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the admission and discharge documents of patients
- Kept record by entering data like medical history, demographic characteristics or diagnostic procedures and treatment
- Responsible for coordinating the activities within the assigned medical department
- Developed and maintained various health record indexes
High School Diploma, Albany High School, GA
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the American Association of Medical Assistants since 2005
Areas of interest
Patient Health Care
References available upon request