Payroll Clerk Resume
Payroll clerks have to make sure that the file of every employee is organized and recorded properly. They have to verify the updates and modifications for every file in the payroll and they have to encode the payroll data in the computer systems.
Payroll clerks are responsible for computing the amount of hours of employees and have to write the number of late hours or absences. Payroll clerks need to search for errors and make the required corrections in the payroll; to calculate the amount of payment that employees can receive after tax deductions; they also have to record what bonus is given to every employee. Payroll clerks also have to release checks and to complete bank transactions in order to send payroll to the workers. These professionals have to keep the payroll data in the computer systems for future reference.
The first elements that you have to add when writing a payroll clerk resume are the contact information and the objective statement (one or two sentences about your goals and expectations). After writing this, the next section of your resume has to be about your skills and qualifications. Make a bullet pointed list of your main skills in the job such as your extensive knowledge in Microsoft Excel and great customer service skills.
Another important section of your payroll clerk resume is presenting your professional experience. Describe what duties and tasks you performed as a Payroll Clerk such as: wrote the total number of hours of every employee or calculated the amount of money received by every employee. The final section of your resume has to be about your training. You should be expected to have a degree in business, accounting, management and finance. Add the name of the degree, the schools or universities you have attended as well as the location of the school. Payroll clerks need to be highly responsible individuals with great analytical and mathematical skills because they are in charge of calculating the amount of money or working hours of the employees in a company.
Name: Steward Yarbrough
Address: 3892 Grant Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 20.02.1980
From my experience, I can state that payroll clerks have to make sure that the file of every employee is organized and recorded properly.
Seek a challenging and a rewarding position as a payroll clerk in a growth-oriented organization where I can fully utilize my skills and experience.
Dynamic and hard-working payroll clerk with extensive experience in providing administrative support in areas of human resources; ability to prepare reports in conformity with the organizational needs of a company
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong leadership and time-management skills
- Ability to work in a team and to motivate the working staff
- Proficiency in using computer applications
- Deep knowledge of the principles and methods regarding various office procedures
- Ability to perform clerical duties in support of payroll function
Payroll Clerk, Temp Systems, Inc., Oak Ridge, TN, 2006-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing and processing the payroll
- Sorted and distributed mail and payroll department documents
- Responsible for writing and managing the department's correspondence
- Operated office equipment like typewriter, fax machine or computer
- Answered issues regarding aspects of insurance, payroll or other benefits
Payroll Specialist, Kenan Advantage Group, Canton, OH, 2002-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Wrote journal entries regarding the monthly payroll
- Prepared personnel spreadsheets
- Responsible for assisting with audits and budgeting activities
Master's Degree in Finance, Yale University, Connecticut
Bachelor's of Finance, Yale University, Connecticut
Areas of interest
References available upon request