Postal Service Clerk Resume
The working activities of a Postal Service Clerk includes organizing money drawers, recording or balancing daily transactions, weighing parcels and letters or calculating mailing costs based on factors such as destination or weight. Other tasks of a Postal Service Clerk refer to obtaining signatures from the delivery mail, registering letters and parcels or collecting payment for orders, stamps or mail envelops. Among the responsibilities mentioned, Postal Service Clerks also have to complete forms on changes of address and loss of mail, providing assistance in compliance with the postal service regulations and organizing outgoing and incoming mail.
Your Postal Service Clerk Resume has to start with the contact details, a short introduction and a qualifications summary. You are required to add your objective statement that has to present your desire to apply for the job offered by the company and the skills you have to obtain it. The following section of your Postal Service Clerk Resume can consist of a bullet pointed list where you add your main skills. In this section, you can add your excellent written and verbal communication skills and your strong organizational abilities.
In the next section of your Postal Service Clerk Resume you can offer information on your work experience. In this section you can talk about the duties you had in your previous positions and the quality service you provided to customers. This section also requires you to add data on the name of the positions you held, the companies you worked for, the location of the companies and the period of employment. The next section of your Postal Service Clerk Resume has to be about your education. Applicants are usually required to have a High School Diploma. When adding your educational background you can offer details on the Degrees you have and on the schools you have attended.
Postal Service Clerks are required to possess solid knowledge of the postal rules and regulations. They also need to have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to provide quality customer service.
Name: Jerry Hudson
Address: 383 Chapel Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 26.04.1977
Postal Service Clerks are responsible for performing a wide variety of clerical tasks within a post office
Seeking to obtain a rewarding and challenging position as a Postal Service Clerk in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my excellent customer-service skills and my ability to multi-task
Dynamic Postal Service Clerk with seven years experience in performing a wide variety of clerical tasks within a post office; who has a solid knowledge of the postal rules and regulations and has the ability to provide quality customer service.
Skills and qualifications
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relations with clients and employees
- Solid knowledge of the postal rules and regulations
- Outstanding organizational skills used to sort mail in an efficient manner
- Proficiency in using a wide variety of computer programs: Word, Power Point, Access and Excel
- Excellent time management skills
Postal Service Clerk, US Postal Service, Albany, NY, 2006-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for performing a wide variety of clerical tasks within the post office
- Received letters and parcels
- Sold stamps and postage
- Filled money orders
- Responsible for organizing the money drawers of the postal office
Postal Service Clerk, Shared Services, Houston, TX, 2004-2006
Duties and responsibilities
- Recorded or balanced daily transactions
- Weighted parcels and letters
- Calculated mailing costs based on factors such as destination or weight
- Obtained signatures from delivery mail
- Responsible for registering letters and parcels
- Collected payments for orders, stamps or mail envelops
Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Management, University of Houston
Achievements and Affiliations
Member of the Postal Clerks Association since 2006
Areas of interest
References available upon request