Statement Clerk Resume
The Statement Clerks have responsibilities such as applying payments, credits or past due charges, making calculations using billing software based on established hourly rates, applying credits, payments or past due charges, and calculating progress payments considering the percentage of the completed work. Statement clerks also have to cancel and encode checks, maintain files with customer signatures and canceled checks, monitor equipment for ensuring a proper operation, post stop-payment notices for preventing payment of protested checks and reconcile any discrepancies.
Employers require candidates to have finished high school and sometimes to have a bachelor's degree or an associate's degree. A medical statement clerk will often be required to complete vocational school training or a community college in medical billing, because thorough knowledge of anatomy, medical procedures and medical statement software is required.
Candidates for this position should be able to identify errors, examine details and be self-motivated workers, because most of the work is completed independently. If you consider starting a career as a statement clerk, take a look at the following resume sample.
Name: Jennifer Stanton
Birth Date: 12 July 1979
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking a position of a statement clerk in a forward-looking company.
Education and Professional Training
- High School Diploma from the Huffington High School, Chicago, IL in 1997
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, University of Bridgeport, Connecticut, 2001
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to keep up with deadlines
- Remarkable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organized and strong interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of finances
- Knowledge of economic and accounting practices and principles
- Ability to use mathematics, in order to solve problems
2006-Present date: Statement clerk for Fine Tuned Communications, Chicago, IL
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing, verifying and inspecting documents and statements
- Comparing canceled checks with bank statements
- Reconciling discrepancies in accounts and records
- Preparing and verifying statements of check payments and bank deposits
- Checking and verifying statements before I managed the billing processes
- Processing, sorting and delivering statements and checks to the correct addresses of the customers
- Identifying and resolving complex issues in handling statements of importance
- Maintaining and managing a database of the handled and processed statements
- Performing other duties as assigned
Duties and responsibilities:
- Keeping records and preparing report of meters registering use of electric power or gas, showing the lost or recovered amounts
- Preparing lists and entering payments and charges to the customers' accounts for additional deposits, losses, irregular and special charges
- Keeping records of overpayments on the accounts of customers
- Investigating incorrect billings due to credits or charges on accounts and preparing written instructions for correction
- Reviewing accounts prepared bill and not billed from available information
I have been named "Employee of the Month" for two consecutive times.
Areas of interest
Available upon request.