Tax Clerk Resume
Tax Clerks are responsible for computing taxes on sales transactions and for keeping records of the amount paid. These workers can also affix revenue stamps to tax reports to cover the amount of the taxes paid.
The working activities of a Tax Clerk include helping customers with various problems and issues, performing computer file research or assisting other employees of the company with sorting and mailing bills and notices. Among the tasks mentioned above, Tax Clerks have to open, read and process mail, to perform bank deposits or to assist the staff of the company with keeping records of documents, filling and proofreading documents or file maintenance. These professional workers have to perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties such as answering phones or arranging meetings.
Your Tax Clerk Resume is required to start with your contact details and with an enthusiastic and dynamic objective statement. Your objective statement is required to present the type of position you are seeking for and the abilities and qualifications you have to obtain it. In the following section of your Tax Clerk Resume you can present the prospective employer your most important skills and qualifications. For example, you can mention skills such as your solid ability to multi-task, strong interpersonal skills or attention to details.
The following section of your Tax Clerk Resume has to be devoted to your professional work experience. This section is required to be added chronologically starting with the most current position you have. Offer the employer details on the tasks and responsibilities you had in every position and add details on the positions you held, the companies you worked for and the period of employment. The last section of your Tax Clerk Resume has to focus on your educational background that has to be listed starting with the last training or qualification you have.
Tax Clerks are required to possess an exceptional knowledge of the methods, tools and techniques used in the field.
Name: Sandy Davidson
Address: 584 Chapel Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 29.07.1975
From my experience I can state that Tax Clerks are responsible for computing taxes on sales transactions and for keeping records of the amount paid.
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Tax Clerk in a well-reputed company where I can utilize my strong communication skills and my ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with individuals
Enthusiastic and optimistic Tax Clerk with nine years experience in computing taxes on sales transactions and for keeping records of the amount paid; who has a deep knowledge of the rules and regulations in the field and of the state and federal laws used to compute taxes
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills used to communicate in an efficient manner with customers and employees
- Knowledgeable of the state and federal laws used to compute taxes
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with employees
- Exceptional ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task
- Able to work with different computer programs: Word, Excel, Power Point
Tax Clerk, American Cyber systems, New York, NY, 2005 - present
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for computing taxes on sales transactions
- Kept and organized records of the amount paid
- Helped customers with various problems and issues
- Performed computer file research
- Assisted other employees of the company with sorting and mailing bills and notices
Duties and responsibilities
- Opened, read and processed mail
- Performed bank deposits
- Assisted the staff of the company with keeping records of documents
- Filled and proofread documents
- Performed clerical duties such as answered phones or arranged meetings
Associate's Degree in Accounting, New York University
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, New York University
Member of the National Association of Tax Professionals since 2005
Areas of interest
References available upon request