Ticketing Clerk Resume
The ticketing clerk is that person that issues land and air tickets, takes care of excess baggage, grounds travel arrangements, charges additional fees, makes deposits, offers special services for passengers with physical disability, deals with refunds, penalties under the tariff notes, etc.
A ticketing clerk's job is to provide information to the passenger (regarding boarding rules, availability of the bookings, tickets price, necessary documents, refunds, etc. to book travel tickets, to issue and exchange travel documents, to maintain the exchange of information with other companies or departments of the organization. For issuing the bookings and the transportation tickets, the ticketing clerk makes direct contact with the passengers; therefore a professional, trustful appearance and a pleasant personality is required to be a ticketing clerk. The ticketing clerk must speak the native language fluently and should know one foreign language also. When creating a resume for applying to a job as a ticketing clerk, do not forget to mention your previous work experience, to write all your skills that you think can make you perfect for this job. Focus on emphasizing your special ability to compile and record ticketing information, your pleasant appearance and your strong motivation.
Sample Ticketing Clerk Resume
Name: Sophia Landers
Birth date: 11.03.1984
Driver's License: Yes
To join your airline sales team as ticketing clerk and to provide satisfactory services for your company as well as for its clients.
Hard working, a pleasant appearance, available for working long hours, with experience in ticketing, I am looking forward to becoming a trustful member of you team.
- Able to work long hours
- Great computer skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Resistant to stress
- Security conscious
- Good in working with numbers
- Good customer services skills
- Knowledge of public safety and security
- Knowledge of administration and management principles
- Good in human resource modeling, resource allocation, and co ordination of people and resources
- Active listening skills
- Service orientated professional
- Perfect speech clarity
Euro lines Company
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing complete travel documentation to customers making bookings
- Issuing traveling tickets
- Maintaining good relationships with all clients
- Collaborating with hotels and car rental agencies for including extra services in the travel package
- Assistant ticketing clerk at Euro lines Company
Ticketing and Reservation clerk
Holiday Makers Pvt. Ltd.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing travel documents to the clients who make booking through phone by mail
- Assisting walk in clients in there booking
- Replying inquires regarding information like schedule, availability of seats, accommodation and procedures and policies
- Maintaining good business relation with the local air lines ticket representatives
- Setting up deals with hotels and car rental service providers to make new travel packages
- Assisting managers in making new promotional activities
- Arranging meetings with corporate clients to set up travel and holiday deals with the organization
- Inquired about frequently flyer mileage availability and applied if asked
- Talking with customers about their travel specific needs, their service requirements and travel preferences
- Making customer's invoice and accept payment
- Informing customers or travel agents about any change in schedules or conformation or cancellation of reservations
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- High School Diploma,
- Graduation degree in airline management
- Certification in airline ticketing from Lufthansa Airways Pvt. Ltd.
- 6 months internship in Pan American World Airways Pvt. Ltd.
Member of American Association of Airline Workers since 2007
Issued higher number of tickets from all ticketing clerk of the company
Created good relationships with all departments
Areas of interest