Underwriting Clerk Resume
The responsibilities of an underwriter clerk are compiling data and performing clerical tasks that relieve the underwriter of detailed administrative work; reviewing records, correspondence and reports to select minor issues for processing; routing matters that involve risks to underwriters for evaluation, preparing requisitions, reviewing motor vehicle reports and credit reports and results for investigation and summarizing and compiling accurate data onto underwriting worksheets; with the help of an adding machine, determining rate classifications from manuals and assigning rates to pending applications.
An underwriting clerk might also need to maintain related files and telephone records or correspond with field personnel in order to inform them about underwriting actions taken.
Underwriting implies evaluating the chances of gains and the risks of losses of insurances, financial or investment products sold in the market. Because this job involves careful judgment of the pros and cons involved with the acquisition of a product, the educational requirements can be strict and rigorous. Candidates who seek the position of an underwriting clerk will usually be required to have a college degree in finance, banking, management, economics or business administration. They will also undergo a training provided by the company that will employ them.
If you are interested in a career as an underwriting clerk, read the following resume sample.
Name: Stephanie Miller
Birth Date: 13 December 1983
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking the position of an underwriting clerk in a reputable company, so I can put my skills and knowledge to use.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor's degree in finance from the University of Denver, Denver, Colorado in 2004
- More than five years of prior experience
- Strong knowledge of the practices and principles of insurance
- Well versed in the use of the Microsoft Office package
- Excellent working knowledge of IWS, CARS and SIS
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Sound working knowledge with a PC
2005-Present date: Underwriting clerk for Tower Insurance Company, Denver, Colorado
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing various office services, processing staff requests, such as searching and locating policy files
- Increasing productivity, by reducing research time through the use of an Excel spreadsheet to identifying policy numbers, boxes and names of insured customers
- Verifying if data entry was accurate for renewal and new applications
- Performing administrative office duties, like for example retrieving of storage boxes and ordering supplies on-line
- Sorting incoming mail and assuring that they reach the appropriate destination
Duties and responsibilities:
- Compiling data and performing day-to-day clerical tasks, like for example reviewing records and reports and correspondence for processing
- Assembling new files
- Filling correspondence and mail into appropriate files
- Processing loss run reports for commercial accounts and customers
- Clearing risk for new business through different product lines
Voted "Employee of the Month" two times in a row.
Areas of interest
Available upon request.