Utility Clerk Resume
A utility clerk has the duty to respond to telephone calls and to provide information about the location of the utility distribution of line. A clerk gives accurate information to contractors and other workers engaged in excavating near installations of buried line locations, in order to prevent accidents and safety hazards and damage to equipment, by using distribution line maps.
Utility clerks are in charge of updating such maps to indicate revisions and extensions of utility distribution of lines within a specific location. They may also announce gas emergencies to appropriate workers or inform the mobile service crew about the customer's requests using radio devices. Generally, the job of a utility clerk includes clerical and accounting responsibilities in departments such as the Finance Department. Utility clerks give important information to construction sites, which allows building sites to progress without causing dangerous situations.
Utility clerks must have at least a high school diploma, but candidates with bookkeeping or accounting education may have more opportunities than others. Employers usually prefer their candidates to have experience in utilities or as office clerks. Before you start writing a resume for this position, you should first search which are the requirements for the job. For example, these requirements include knowledge of business English, acceptable office practices and use of basic office machines, bookkeeping practices and principles, computer usage and word processing software usage, good customer and personal service, accurate organization and record keeping, the ability to research and summarize different informational materials, prepare periodical reports, ability to type fast, basic knowledge of math, the ability to perform clerical tasks, establish effective relationships with the general public and other workers, and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
When you are writing a resume, you should add the qualities and skills that qualify you for this position.
Name: John Dow
Address: Any Street, New York, USA
Phone: (555) 555 6343
Seeking a position as a Utility Clerk
Summary of Qualifications
- Over six years of experience in the domain
- Knowledge in accounting, and bookkeeping practices
- Dependable and reliable employee
- Ready for immediate employment
New York Utilities, New York, USA
Utility Clerk, 2003-Present
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managed the utility payments and other payments
- Performed utility account collection activities
- Assisted with the maintenance of utility billing records
- Developed new utility accounts for new houses and subdivisions
- Prepared periodical meter reader books
- Provided reception services by answering telephones, cell phone, radio, fax machines and personal demands
- Maintained reports, tabulations and other materials as requested
- Helped with maintenance of files and records
- Responded to demands from companies regarding certain properties and city lines
Office Clerk, 2000-2003
Sandor Construction Company, New York, USA
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performed duties such as answering telephones, sending e-mails, faxing correspondences and running errand from and to job sites
Associate Degree, General Business, 1999
New York Community College, New York, USA