Warehouse Clerk Resume
A warehouse clerk resume can be molded into an effective and optimized one by putting the correct points correctly and placing the right points in the right place. A bad resume can definitely become a matter of concern because it can snatch away a good job opportunity that otherwise could have been yours. Hence, before you apply for any particular post, take out ample time to research about the kind of job you are applying for, ensure whether you are suitable for the post or not, try to match your skills and qualifications with the ones provided in the job description or demanded by the job profile. A single mistake can cost you very much. In this article, you can find a summary of the nature of the job of a warehouse clerk. Also provided is a sample resume that will reduce your tension and lessen your anxiety.
The warehouse clerk keeps in touch with the suppliers, and carries the items in and out of the shop, arranges them by size and type in the warehouse on the shelves. The clerk also puts the price tags on the items. This depends if they work in an apparel shop or food market. The warehouse clerk needs to be able to work fast, and sometimes under pressure. They need to have some organizational abilities, because there are many products always arriving in the stock house, and these products need to get checked.
To write a resume for a warehouse clerk, you need to put in your contact data, your name, address, phone number. Then you have to add in your previous work experience, your skills and what makes you good for this particular job. Your education and references will come next. Do not put in information that is in no way related to the job you are applying for. In a professionally written resume, you do not need to add every previous work experience. Just stick to the ones that will help you get the job.
For a simple job like that of a warehouse clerk, you are not required to have a college diploma. Following is an example of what your resume should look like when applying for a warehouse clerk position.
Warehouse Clerk Resume Sample
Name: Joe Parkins
Address: History lane 200, Missouri
Phone number: 555-2454
I am seeking a job as a warehouse clerk in a big apparel chain shop. I think my previous experience and physical abilities makes me the right candidate for this position.
- Abilities of carrying heavy products and boxes, without much exhaustion
- Good organization abilities
- Reliable, always on time, ready to work
- Good knowledge of how warehouses work
- Available to work in night shifts
- Resistance to stress and to long working hours
- Computer knowledge
- Abilities to work fast, without needing many further instructions
- Designation: Warehouse clerk
- Name of the organization: Macy's Warehouse and Storage
- Duration of the tenure: 2001–2004
- Received the items in the warehouse and checked for defective products
- Registered the items and signed the receiving papers
- Added the price tags on the clothing items and accessories
- Returned the defective items to the providers
- Placed orders of new merchandise that was out of stock
- Assisted the other warehouse clerks with their tasks
- Carried the items in and out of the main shop
Name of the program: High school diploma
Name of the institution: Missouri High
Year of passing: 2000
Areas of interest:
- Warehouse management
Mr Harry Ronson
Macy's warehouse manager, Missouri
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other personal details:
- Date of birth: December 14, 1981
- Nationality: American
- Marital status: Married
- Driving license: B category, 2000