Communication Resume Sample
There are ample of job opportunities in the communication field. But to get the right job, you need to spend time to draft an effective well-written resume. For candidates with work experience in this field, it is important that they lay emphasis on their professional experience details. It is essential to mention the media division for which you would like to work. If you are apply for content writing then you need to highlight different details than for writing job in a magazine. Even though professionals from communication field have excellent writing skills, they may find it difficult to highlight important details in their resume. Hence, we have provided communication samples resume for your guidance.
Name: Daniel S. Jones
Address: 2240 Rosewood Court
Worthington, MN 56187
Cell No: 507-329-4532
I have more than 5 years of editing experience of website content and would like to utilize my professional expertise and skills to work as an Editor with a reputed multinational company.
Content Writing Editor, Alpha Software Pvt. Ltd., July, 2008 to present
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing and guiding a batch on 15 content writers
- Editing and reviewing articles submitted by the content writers
- Ensuring the uniqueness of the content and the idea
- Reviewing the content on the websites and providing suggestions for improvement
- Conducting training program for content writers about writing techniques and quality
Content Writing Sub-Editor, ATS Pvt. Ltd., December, 2005 to June, 2008
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Editing web content articles and explaining mistakes in the articles to the content writers
- Making sure that the articles are drafted considering web content writing standards and formats
- Rejecting articles with plagiarism
- Conducting web research to add new content to websites and improve them
- Giving feedback and training the content writer to help them improve their writing skills
- Writing blogs and press releases for various websites
Master of Arts, St. Paul University, 2005
- Listed on the Dean's list for two consecutive years
- Was awarded the best student of the year award for excellent academic performance
- Received appreciation from the college management for submitting excellent article on Social Crime
- Won intercollegiate essay writing competition "Topic – Inflation"
Bachelors of Arts, St. Paul University, 2003
- Won the intercollegiate elocution competition "Topic – Global Warming"
- Listed on the Dean's list during final year
- Won intercollegiate essay writing competition "Topic – Nuclear Technology"
- Received the best project award
- Through knowledge of English
- Good communication abilities
- Leadership skills
- Can give feedback without making the team members feel offended
- Complete understanding of the content required for website
- Through understanding of plagiarism and content quality
Certification in Copy Editing, ABC Institute, 2009
Areas of Interest:
The communication sample resume provided above is drafted after research about points to be highlighted in a resume for job in communication field. Thus, referring this sample will help you to draft a unique and well-written resume that would create right impression on the recruiters. As your professional is related to writing, your resume should be error-free. Hence, proof read the resume several times before you send the final draft to the recruiter. Even though you will be tempted to use bright font colors and creative fonts, but it is important to use professional font styles. Your resumes should be readable. Hence, use readable font size. Make use of bullet points to list important details in your resume. We hope that the communication sample resume provided above will help you to move a step ahead in the competitive recruitment process.