Legacy System Programmer Resume
Legacy system programmers are IT specialists that can work either in the private business sector, helping companies implement IT solutions for their legacy databases, or in the public sector, providing professional services for institutions with information technology and communications divisions. They have the important responsibility of developing technical services, managing databases and facilitating information availability and accessibility for specific institutions, agencies and for the public.
The resume of a legacy system programmer needs to include a Bachelor's Degree in IT and computer sciences and some work experience in managing systems for institutions and business companies. The skills and competencies category needs to underline the technological abilities, familiarity with the terminology and processes used in mainframe operating systems and software applications. The computer knowledge category needs to emphasize experience with z/OS systems, Transaction Servers, Websphere and so on.
Name: Tina Black
Birth date: 17.104.1983
Address and Contact Details: 167th Place, Fort Lauderdale, FL 11122
Marital Status: Married, 2 children
Driver's license: Yes
Aspiring for the post of legacy system programmer to develop my career in an important company, alongside with a team of professionals. I am very determined in providing the best services and helping your company assimilate contemporary technological developments.
Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, professional experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of mainframe operating systems, hardworking, outgoing and motivated.
- Excellent communicational and interpersonal skills
- Organized, attentive to detail, calm and patient
- Ability to work long hours and focus for extensive periods of time
- Ability to work in a team and research technology management issues
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform computer repairs
- Ability to work on week-ends
- advanced computer knowledge
- experience in installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing hardware and software components
- knowledge in z/OS, CICS, IMS, BMC Control M, JES2, ISPF, Xpediter and so on
Legacy System Programmer, 2005-2010
Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, State of Florida
- in charge of the mainframe operating system and of the functioning of subsystems
- installing, troubleshooting and instructing users in software applications functioning
- ensuring the availability and security of information
- performing system analysis and recommending improvements and technological modifications
- performing system and database maintenance
- providing technical assistance for the Department's staff
- supplying hardware equipment
Master's Degree in Computer Technology, North Florida University
Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, North Florida University
The position of legacy system programmer in the DPSCS implied a significant responsibility in facilitating the work of criminal justice agencies and I've managed to fulfil my tasks with success
Areas of interest: technology, computers, science
References: available at request