Network Architect Resume
A network architect is responsible for estimating the materials and time needed to finish a project, researching and testing software or hardware to decide which suits the user's needs and preparing presentations and proposals for the staff and the customers. During presentations, network architects can use diagrams, charts and the recommended technology. During the development of the networks, they have to also prepare and monitor project budgets and deadlines.
Network architects use software and computer-aided design (CAD). They design equipment configuration prototypes, like for example network hardware, software and servers, but also design, organize and implement product awareness and education for the users and the staff involved in the development.
A network architect is also required to handle vendors and contracts and be constantly up-to-date with technology.
Those who want to become network architects will be required to have a bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or in a related field, but they can also be employed if they have a master's degree in business administration and some academic knowledge of information systems.
If you are curious about the position, take a look at the following network architect resume sample. For additional information on how to write a resume, click here.
Network Architect Sample Resume
Name: Simon Burnett
Birth Date: 14 September 1978
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking to fill the challenging position of a network architect in a forward looking company.
Education and Professional Training
- Master's degree in business administration from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2002
- Bachelor's degree in computer science from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2000
- Strong ability to configure various kinds of network kits
- Excellent ability to lead a team of engineers
- Strong knowledge of designing a computer network
- Vast knowledge of Microsoft back office product, including ISA, IIS, MOM, SQL or SMS
- Remarkable ability to apply latest technological knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well versed in the use of routing protocols like BGP, OSPF, RIP and EIGRP
2005-Present date: Network architect for SkyTech Associates, New York
Duties and responsibilities:
- Creating and developing the programs, but also providing solutions to logistical and technical problems
- Testing, identifying and developing new, innovative technologies
- Implementing, designing and testing technology and information security
- Collaborating with the staff members and providing appropriate solutions on certain technical issues
- Identifying whether the clients' requirements were met
- Giving technical suggestions to staff members, in order to achieve a flawless result
Duties and responsibilities:
- Developing, designing and implementing plans for an ongoing enhancement of the computer networks
- Providing support in short and long-term planning for the IT department of the organization
- Organizing and implementing product awareness and education for users and staff
- Maintaining, repairing and updating applications and network operating systems
- Defining design specifications, in order to test engineers and supervising the staff during the development, design and implementation of the networks
- Received award for the best network architect in 2005
- Graphic design
Available upon request.