Systems Analyst Resume
Systems Analysts are responsible for selecting computer systems and software based on the company's requirements. After identifying the right systems and software, the Systems Analyst configures them by respecting the company's needs.
A Systems Analyst is responsible for studying a company and its needs in order to make it run efficiently. The Systems Analyst has to determine what type of system is appropriate for the business. The system, which is selected for the company needs to respect a specific budget and time frame. After the system is selected for the company, the Systems Analyst configures the computer system, installs the networking systems and then connects them to a server. Then, he has to install the necessary software for staff needs, verify the system to see if there are bugs in the system. The Systems Analyst has to train the employees regarding the use of various computer applications needed to improve their work and to make it more efficient.
Your systems analyst resume can start with the contact information, with an introduction and a short qualifications summary. Then add the objective statement that has to show your desire to apply for the System Analyst position offered by the company. The next section of your resume has to be a bullet pointed list of your skills and capabilities. Here you should list your ability to communicate effectively with the public and your deep knowledge in computer applications.
The following section of your resume has to focus on your work experience. Talk about your duties and responsibilities in your previous positions. Then add a section on your education. Usually, Systems Analysts are required to add a Bachelor's Degree in IT or computer science. Systems Analysts need to be highly qualified individuals and with a strong knowledge in various computer programs and applications.
Sample Systems Analyst Resume
Name: Daniel Smith
Address: 746 Elliott Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 10.02.1978
From my experience, I can state that Systems Analysts are responsible for selecting computer systems and software based on the company's requirements.
Seeking a rewarding and challenging position as a Systems Analyst in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my ability to work under pressure and by strong analytical skills.
Dedicated and dynamic Systems Analyst with the ability to write computer programs for various purposes and with strong analytical skills; ability to discover and resolve complex problems
Skills and Qualifications
- Outstanding communication skills
- Solid understanding of process modeling and redesign concepts
- Ability to analyze product requirements to develop a innovative design
- Proficiency in using various computer programs and applications
- Capable of performing various tests to programs and applications
Junior Systems Analyst, Amtex Systems, New York, NY, 2005-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Created various types of mathematical models and algorithms
- Participated in the analysis and software development
- Interacted with customers and acquired data, wrote and presented briefings
- Contributed in designing, modeling and testing various products
- Collaborated with software programmers and created new systems
- Developed and maintained a good rapport with customers and employees
- Offered support in hardware and software issues of employees
Application Analyst, Maricom Systems Inc., Atlanta, GA, 2000-2005
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for verifying computer applications and solving various issues and problems
- Collaborated with other applications analysts in designing and developing applications
- Resolved technical issues faced by employees
- Responsible for developing and updating old applications
- Provided installation guides for new applications
- Developed and maintained good rapports with employees
Master's Degree in Computer Applications, New York University, NY
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Applications, New York University, NY
Achievements and Affiliations
- Dean's Lister, New York University
- Member of Washington Software Alliance
- Member of Computing Research Association
Areas of interest
References available upon request