Architectural Drafter Resume
The job duties of an Architectural Drafter include making detailed scale drawings that later will be used in construction. He or she might be creating building plans for office buildings, theaters, private homes, school buildings and factories. Since the buildings will be built just as they are drawn in these plans, the work of an Architectural Drafter must be clear and accurate. The drafter might have to work together with the architects, designers and engineers to receive sketches, notes or other information and these will be used when making the drafts. The large companies usually employ these people to their research, engineering or development departments.
If you feel like you are up to it, then you should try to get a job like this. Make sure that you include in your resume the education that you received and the prior experience that you have.
Sample Architectural Drafter Resume
Name: Wynona Field
Birth Date: 25 July 1980
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking the job of Architectural Drafter at your company. It is my objective to contribute to the creation of imposing buildings. Also, I am determined to advance in my career.
Remarkably talented Architectural Drafter with a large background of implementing concepts of architects and other kinds of designers by preparing drawings, plans and estimates and also getting into contact with builders and contractors, willing to start the work immediately and with a lot of experience in handling professionals that drafters have to work with.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to create the drawings according to the notes and sketches and adding a personal touch
Architectural Drafter, 2006 to present Construction Express Inc., New York, NY
- Preparing the drawings that show the internal and external layout of the buildings
- Analyzing the concepts of architects and other designers
- Preparing a preliminary sketch
- Create the design with the help of computers or manually
Field CAD Drafter, 2002-2006
City of New York Civil Department, New York, NY
- Prepare the system drawings according to the specifications
- Make the voltage drop calculations
- Assist the project management, service department and the engineering staff regarding the technical projects
Associate Degree in Drafting,
New York University, NY
- Offering constructive opinions regarding numerous buildings
- Holding trainings for the new employees of the company
- Finishing duties on time
Areas of Interest
- Contemporary architecture
- The technical part of drafts
- Design and engineering of different constructions and buildings
Available on request