The working activities of a mayster include constructing wood or metal frameworks, assembling forms and structures by using nails, bolts or timbers and installing rough doors and window frames. Among the tasks mentioned above, Maysters have to read, analyze and interpret various blueprints and sketches in order to determine the size of the structure or to measure materials with the use of a measuring tape. Other duties of a Mayster involve cutting timbers with saws, analyzing structural timbers or replacing timbers by using various tools. Maysters also have to fabricate parts by using a wide variety of metalworking machines.
Resume writing is not a rocket science but it should not be taken so lightly as well. After adding your contact details you have to pay attention on the objective statement that has to be a strong and enthusiastic one. Then, focus on your work experience and your educational background. Use bullet points in your Resume and write short and concise sentences. Use action words when describing the most valuable skills for a Mayster.
Mayster Resume Sample
Name: Larry Drake
Address: 734 Chapel Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 10.09.1976
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Mayster in a well-reputed company where I can utilize my strong problem-solving skills and my ability to multi-task.
Hard-working and dynamic Mayster with seven years of experience in building a wide variety of wooden structures; who has a deep knowledge of materials and methods used in carpentry and who has exceptional mathematical abilities.
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep knowledge of materials and methods used in carpentry
- Solid ability to read and understand blueprints and sketches
- Ability in using various power and hand tools
- Outstanding time-management skills and ability to multi-task
Mayster, Triple R Builders Inc., New York, NY, 2006-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Built a wide variety of wooden structures
- Cut wooden materials with a wide variety of hand tools or power tools
- Studied and analyzed blueprints or sketches
- Respected the safety rules and regulations of the company
- Fabricated parts by using a wide variety of metalworking machines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for building wooden structures such as sewer support or billboard signs
- Constructed wood or metal frameworks
- Assembled forms and structures by using nails, bolts or timbers
- Read, analyzed and interpreted various blueprints and sketches in order to determine the size of the structure
- Measured materials with the use of a measuring tape
- Analyzed structural timbers or replaced timbers
- Selected and ordered needed materials and supplies for the company
- Planned and prepared cost estimates for clients
High School Diploma, Benjamin E. Mays High School, Atlanta
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the American Carpenters Association since 2005
Areas of interest
References available upon request