Customer Service Representative Resume
The responsibilities of customer service representatives refer to communicating with customers by telephone or in person. They answer the customer's questions, open or close accounts, handle and resolve customer complaints. They also speak with customers and recommend them various solutions to the problems of their accounts; transfer complaints to other departments for investigation or provide information on new products and services. Customer service representatives determine costs for various services; they acquire and ordinate billing details and they research and analyze the validity of complaints.
When writing a customer service representative resume, the first things you have to add are the contact information, a short introduction, the summary and the objective statement. After you add these sections, your next section should focus on your skills. This should be a bullet pointed section with your most important and valuable skills as a customer service representative. For example, here you can add your exceptional problem-solving skills and your strong communication skills used to maintain effective relations with customers, employees and management.
In the next section of your resume, you should highlight your work experience. Add your duties and responsibilities on every position so that the employer can see how you provided quality services to customers. The next section of your resume should focus on your education. Usually, for a position as a customer service representative, the best thing is to have a high school diploma and to have basic computer skills. When adding your education you have to write the name of the high school you attended and also the location. Write additional computer courses or certifications. Know how to write a winning resume here.
Customer service representatives are the link between customers and the company, and they need to possess strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to develop efficient relations with the customers.
Name: Edward Thompson
Address: 163 Gales Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 18.06.1979
From my experience, I can state that customer service representatives are responsible for handling and resolving complaints, issues and queries of customers.
Looking for a challenging and rewarding Customer Service Representative position in a reputed firm where I can use my excellent communication skills and my experience in the field.
Dynamic customer service representative with strong experience in performing office duties, such as providing information to customers, receiving payments or handling customer issues.
Skills and qualifications
- Great people skills used to develop good rapport with customers
- Proficiency in using Windows programs and applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in using spreadsheets, in accurately organizing materials and in data entry
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with the working staff
Customer Service Representative, Document Technologies, Philadelphia, PA, 2005-present
Duties and responsibilities
- Handled and answered the problems or complaints of customers
- Trained customers on policies and regulations
- Developed change and issue receipts
- Responsible for opening or closing accounts of customers
- Calculated the cash drawers, cash receipt records or other records
- Handled and resolved account issues of clients
Duties and responsibilities
- Wrote and maintained records and files
- Completed documents and forms; prepared account reports
- Operated office equipment
- Opened and processed the mail of the department
- Performed clerical and administrative duties for the Finance Department
High School Diploma, Avon Grove High School, Pennsylvania
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the International Customer Service Association since 2005
Areas of interest
References available upon request