A Locksmith is responsible for installing, maintaining, fixing and opening locks. They have to cut keys and to change lock combinations. A Locksmith can work as an advisor regarding the security measures for a wide variety of residential, commercial and industrial properties.
Locksmiths are professional workers who also have typical duties like designing, installing and adjusting various mechanical and electronic lock systems by using hand tools and special equipment. These skilled workers can easily disassemble locks and open locked doors by using a lock pick. Other duties of Locksmiths refer to changing the combination of locks, cutting various types of keys for clients with the use of a key cutting machine and maintaining confidential client records, such as duplicate keys and security codes.
Your Locksmith Resume can start with your contact details: full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your Locksmith Resume can contain the objective statement, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as a Locksmith: ability to understand complex manuals and strong communication skills.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position or how you helped clients with their locks. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended to and the location of the school. Locksmiths are required to possess a High School Diploma or equivalent and to have participated in an approved locksmith apprenticeship.
Locksmiths need to be highly responsible and analytical individuals with exceptional communication skills used to provide efficient instructions to clients.
Name: Jude Smith
Address: 419 Garnett Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 12.05.1978
Looking to obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a Locksmith in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my strong communication skills to establish and maintain strong working relations with clients and other employees.
Hard-working and highly professional Locksmith who possesses remarkable skills at key identification and lock mechanism and electronic security; ability to work well under pressure, to respect deadlines and to provide quality customer service.
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Skills in repairing and installing locks and related hardware
- Deep abilities of key identification and electronic security
- Strong knowledge of the techniques for repairing and installing locks and related hardware
- Proficient in using various Windows programs
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to respect deadlines in a proper manner
Locksmith, Army Installation Management Command, New York, NY, 2006- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for installing, adjusting and servicing locks and other related equipment
- Repaired and changed combinations of locks
- Opened a wide variety of seif locks by drilling
- Responsible for cutting new or duplicate keys from existing keys and patterns
- Opened locks which had no key or combinations
- Repaired "panic hardware" on doors
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing labors and material estimates
- Kept records of the company's locks and keys
- Maintained shop master key boxes in various shop areas
- Disassembled various types of locks like padlocks, safe locks or door locks
- Repaired or replaced worn tumblers or springs
- Rebuild safes as well as other major locking devices
High School Diploma, Abraham Lincoln High School, CA
Achievements and associations
Member of the Associated Locksmiths of America
Areas of interest
Keys and Locks
available upon request