Commercial Designer Resume
The Commercial Designer is responsible for designing and developing a wide variety of manufactured products. The tasks for a Commercial Designer involve designing and preparing sketches, artwork and blueprints with various drafting instruments; supervising and coordinating the designing of samples and drafting working drawings or sheets from sketches.
Among the duties mentioned above, a Commercial Designer has to modify and adjust various designs, to comply with customer specifications or changes in design trends. Commercial Designers have to oversee and coordinate the function of product lines; to collaborate with the marketing, sales or production departments and to evaluate the design concepts for various products. The working activities of a Commercial Designer also refer to planning and presenting designs and reports to design committees or clients in order to be approved.
Your Resume needs to start with the contact information. Then, you have to add the objective statement. The objective statement has to present your desire to apply for the job offered by the company and the skills and qualifications you have to gain it. The next section of your Commercial Designer Resume has to be a bullet pointed list of your skills and capabilities. Here you should list your analytical and problem solving skills, your strong knowledge of design techniques and tools involved in production of n blueprints and drawings, as well as other skills applicable to the job.
The following section of your Resume has to focus on your work experience. Talk about your duties and responsibilities in your previous positions like - designed and developed a wide variety of manufactured products or supervised and coordinated the designing of samples. The next section has to be about your qualifications. Commercial Designers are required to have a degree in Commercial Design or other related fields. When adding your education, remember that you have to add the name of the degree you obtained, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. In your last section you have to add your personal or professional achievements and associations or clubs where you are member.
Commercial Designers need to possess an excellent knowledge of the techniques, procedures and tools used in the design and production of various products. They are also required to have a strong knowledge of statistics, geometry or algebra.
Name: Carter Stanley
Address: 563 Madison Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 27.04.1981
Looking to obtain a Commercial Designer position in a well established company where I can utilize my strong organizational skills gained through my training and work experience.
Talented and hard-working Commercial Designer with seven years experience in designing and developing various manufactured products; who possesses exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a strong ability to respond to the consumer's needs
Sklls and qualifications
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Deep knowledge of the techniques, procedures and tools used in the design and production of various products
- Strong knowledge of statistics, geometry or algebra
- Proficient in using MS Office programs: Excel, Word, Power Point
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Expertise in the cost estimates and production processes
Commercial Designer, NBBJ, Los Angeles, CA, 2008- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Used drafting instruments and prepared drawings, illustrations and blueprints
- Coordinated and supervised the fabrication of samples or models
- Modified and adjusted designs and sketches in order to comply with the customer specifications
- Used paper, glass, metal or plastic in order to design models and samples
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the function of product lines
- Designed materials in order to be used for illustration
- Collaborated with the production, sales or marketing departments in order to evaluate the design concepts of manufactured products
Master's Degree in Commercial Design, University of California
Achievements and affiliations
Dean's Lister, University of California
Areas of interest
References available upon request