Creative Designer Resume
Creative directors are the professionals who convey a company's ideas and objectives to the general public. In order to be successful, they have to generate qualitative ideas, in order to advertise the products of the client. They usually supervise a part of the staff, such as copywriters and graphic designers. With them, the creative directors will conduct brainstorming meetings, in order to generate new ideas. Together, they design, write, propose, pitch and implement creative projects, according to the marketing needs of the company.
In other words, the job of a creative director is to translate the marketing objectives of a company into creative designs and strategies. In order to be able to do that, he or she has to understand the current market conditions and the company's needs and, subsequently, to develop creative campaigns of success.
Every creative director should be people-oriented and should be able to develop innovative concepts for design projects. Working with external and internal clients and pitching designs is also their duty.
Employers will look for candidates with a bachelor's degree preferably in art, graphic design, communications or related fields. They usually also require up to ten years experience in brand development, design and project management.
The resume of a creative director could look like this:
Name: John Draper
Birth Date: 12 November 1976
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking the greatest opportunity to occupy the position of a creative director in a reputed and progressive company.
Education and Professional Training
- Bachelor's degree in marketing media from New York University in 1998
- Master's degree in graphic design from New York University in 2000
- 10 years experience in design, advertising and producing creative material
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and organizational skills
- Remarkable presentation skills
- Proficient in computer software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, Flash, In Design and 3D programs
- Ability to develop strong advertising and marketing projects
- Well versed in the usage of digital media and audiovisual media production
2007-Present date: Creative Director for NYXD Productions, New York
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managed, developed and designed several online programs, software and marketing collateral packaging
- Supervising the creative development for recruitment
- Managed the entire creative team, including the production artists, the designers and the writers
- Leading the development processes and content creation
- Responsible for advertising and marketing
- Collaborated with product and sales development and the upper management throughout the entire creative development process
Duties and responsibilities:
- Created graphic media such as animations, internet advertisements, TV commercials and complete B2B presentations
- Conceptualized marketing campaigns from the starting point, collaborated with clients and with the production team in the creation process of the campaigns
- Given advice to the production teams engaged in TV production, photographic shoots, animation and also participated in the castings, selection of materials and audiovisual presentations
- Provided mentoring and guidance to several individuals with a creative position
- Launched several successful campaigns
- Graphic design
- Art history
Available upon request.