Exhibit Designer Resume
An Exhibit Designer is responsible for designing sets, booths or locations for special events. They have to discuss with event organizers in order to determine the theme of an exhibit. An Exhibit Designer has to take care of the humidity, temperature and the lighting of the exhibit location.
Among the duties mentioned above, Exhibit Designers are responsible for being updated on the proposed theme, the materials, the budget and the timeline. Based on these elements, Exhibit Designers have to develop the design of an exhibit, coordinate and supervise the decorations and to make sure that they respect the required design and budget. Other tasks of Exhibit Designers include analyzing the exhibit items and deciding where and how these items will be added in the exhibit. An Exhibit Designer is also responsible for reading scripts and for resolving and handling any problems and issues that can arise.
Your Exhibit Designer Resume can start with your contact details: full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. The next section of your Exhibit Designer Resume can contain the objective statement, that has to describe what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as some skills which you have gained in your experience as an Exhibit Designer: attention to details and exceptional problem solving skills.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position, how you helped the company progress, how you attracted new clients or how you increased the company's profitability. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. Here you can also mention additional workshops or courses that are relevant for an Exhibit Designer.
Exhibit Designers are required to have strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities, to be able to respect deadlines and to communicate concepts and ideas to clients in an accurate and proficient manner.
Name: Cristina White
Address: 736 Madison Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 30.01.1977
Seeking to obtain a rewarding and challenging position as an Exhibit Designer position in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and my excellent problem solving abilities
Talented and creative Exhibit Designer with eight years experience in designing and helping in the installation of exhibitions; strong expertise and experience in providing innovative and creative illustrations for exhibits
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in using various computer programs: Excel, Word, Power Point, Photoshop, Quark Xpress, Illustrator
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multi-tasks
- Remarkable knowledge of model construction and fabrication
- Strong knowledge of sculpture and of casting tools and materials
- Deep knowledge of various illustration and painting techniques
Exhibit Designer, Taylor Studios, Inc., Washington, DC, 2006- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Planned, designed and supervised the installation of various exhibits and displays
- Collaborated with the administrative and curatorial staff members in order to determine the theme, content, budget and time of an exhibit
- Planned the production and the installation schedule of the exhibit components Exhibit Designer, C&G Partners, New York, NY, 2002-2006 Duties and responsibilities
- Prepared drawings of exhibits, including the layout, materials and special effect diagrams
- Submitted drawings and plans for approval
- Adjusted plans as needed in order to comply to a strict budget or to the fabrication requirements
Master's Degree in Exhibition Design, New York University
Bachelor's Degree in Exhibition Design, New York University
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the Exhibit Designers & Producers Association
available upon request