Fashion Designer Resume
The fashion designer's main tasks refer to creating designs for accessories, shoes and clothing. Their job is to predict the trends by researching the market, to come up with hand-drawn or computer designed sketch, and then to choose the materials and the colors for every product. Usually fashion designers specialize in one item like accessories, shoes or clothes. The work elements of a fashion designer include, but are not limited to: collaborating and discussing with the management and the sales team, establishing the prices of items, identifying new fashion trends, analyzing clothing styles and clothing history, visiting fashion showrooms and industry events to gather information about the fashion trends, collaborating with other fashion designers, and changing and adapting fashion ideas for the mass production.
Start your Fashion Designer Resume with an objective. The objective has to state what position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. In the next section, you can add your skills. Mention some general skills as well as specific skills which you have gained in your experience as a fashion designer such as knowledge of design techniques and tools, ability to see details at close range, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
The next section of your Fashion Designer Resume has to be devoted to the professional work experience. This section must run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position such as design garments for various clients, attending fashion shows and so on. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the recent training or qualification to the earlier ones. Highlight anything you feel that is relevant to your application as a Fashion Designer: degrees, courses, workshops, etc. If you want to look at another example, click here.
748 Grand Street
Marital Status: Single
Birth date: 13.05.1982
A fashion designer is the person responsible for creating designs for accessories, shoes and clothing.
I look for a rewarding and challenging position as a Fashion Designer in a reputed company where I can use my creative skills and vast experience in the Fashion industry.
A talented, creative and resourceful applicant with over seven years experience in designing clothing, shoes and accessories; unique and original garments that follow the fashion trends.
Skills and Qualifications
- Powerful organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Powerful taste level and color sense
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent sense for prints, patterns and textures
- Proficiency in moving fingers, wrists and hands
- Solid knowledge of theory and techniques related to the Fashion industry
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics
Fashion Designer, IFE Apparel, Atlanta, GA, 2005-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designed various types of garments for clients
- Attended fashion shows and reviewed garment brochures to analyze fashion trends
- Presented sample garments on fashion shows and sales meetings
- Discuss with clients regarding design ideas
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzed and researched fashion trends
- Helped with the development of key fabrics and patterns
- Visited stores for shopping various garment samples
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Alfred University, New York
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Design, School of Visual Arts, New York
Best Summer Collections Award- two years in a row 2007 and 2008
Areas of Interest
References available upon request