Floral Designer Resume
Floral Designers are responsible for arranging in an artistic manner, real and artificial flowers and other decorations. They are responsible for making and arranging bouquets, wedding decorations or various kinds of floral designs. These skilled workers have to respect standard designs and special orders.
The working activities of Floral Designers refer to arranging flower bouquets by following the written orders of customers. They also choose the appropriate flowers for a bouquet and then cut the stems to a specific length. Among the duties mentioned above, Floral Designers can also greet customers when entering the store and provide them advice regarding floral arrangements. Other responsibilities include arranging potted plants and unpacking plants or flowers and preparing them for storage. Floral Designers can also water and cut flowers and display flowers in an attractive manner.
Start off with your name, address and contact details at the head of your Floral Designer Resume. After that, you need to add a short introduction describing what the Floral Designer position means to you and the qualifications summary emphasizing on your best skills. After this, you have to add a strong and eye catching objective. This should be a brief sentence which should describe your goals in the field and it should reflect your interest in this position.
In the following section you have to add your professional work experience. This section has to run chronological from your last to your current position. Present what your duties and tasks were in every position, how you offered quality service to customers and how you increased the company's profitability. Your last section has to focus on your education. Again, you have to add education from the last training or qualification. A successful applicant is required to have at least a High School Diploma. When listing your education remember that you have to add the name of the degree, the name of the school you attended and the location of the school. The last section has to be about your achievements. There you can add associations where you are member or other achievements.
Floral Designers have to possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Also, they have to be able to arrange flowers in a creative and appealing manner.
Name: Jane Drake
Address: 329 Pike Street
Marital Status: Married
Birth date: 15.10.1980
Seeking to obtain a rewarding and challenging position as a Floral Designer in a well-reputed company where I can utilize my creative skills and my ability to create strong business relations with customers
Creative and innovative Floral Designer with seven years experience in arranging real and artificial flowers and other decorations; strong expertise in making bouquets, wedding decorations and other floral designs
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills used to establish strong business relations with customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Seven years experience in fresh and artificial floral designing
- Strong knowledge of fresh flowers, blooming and foliage plants
- Proficiency in various types of floral design: contemporary and traditional
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
Floral Designer, Walnut Hill Floral Co., Dallas, TX, 2007- present
Duties and responsibilities
- Designed and arranged fresh and artificial floral arrangements for a wide variety of events
- Responsible for hiring, coordinating and supervising other employees of the company
- Conferred with clients on the price and the arrangement desired
- Made arrangements according to the client's requirements
Floral Designer, MGM Resorts International, Las Vegas, NV, 2003-2007
Duties and responsibilities
- Selected the flowers and foliage necessary for arrangements
- Packed and wrapped arrangements
- Estimated the costs of various floral arrangements
- Responsible for decorating buildings or other settings where events are planned
High School Diploma, Centennial High School
Achievements and affiliations
Member of the Independent Floral Designer's Association
available upon request